3. Pacific Pearl
Having just returned from a 12 day cruise, to New Guinea on the Pacific Pearl, I must say that this cruise was by far the most disappointing cruise I have had. This one being my 29th cruise, 4th time on this ship, I could not believe the difference service and entertainment I experienced on this ship, from August, 2014 to now. Right from the start I noticed something different, surly, unsmiling staff, very few "hello's", they all looked very unhappy to be there! Service has gone down a lot, no more 2 clean-ups a day, chocolates only every second day, food in the Buffet, except for 2 dishes, the same each day. fish and chips were always on, a roast, a curry, spaghetti bar, pathetic, food at the Waterfront was a lot better, but the staff were efficient, but no smiles, no conversation, no interest in their passengers, we sat on the same table every night, and they never used our names once in those days. I expected, and did start seeing a smile 2 days before we got back to Sydney, why? Tips!! We missed going on Kiriwina Island as the pier was too slippery, we were told. But not even a glass of wine as a compensation, (like other ships) were offered. The Captain looked as if didn't give a hoot what was going on, he was even nasty to a couple of ladies who called out to him! There was no' past-passengers Cocktail Party' on at all, although we were asked to fill in a sheet of paper, to say how many times we had cruised with P&O, why? Entertainment was the worst I have ever seen on a ship, I always go to the shows, this time they were not worth going to, singers and dancers were of a very poor quality, lots of penny-pinching going on. I was so fed up with this ship, especially since I had just done another 12 days on the "Legend" 6 days before, so had something recent to compare it to. Never again will I go on another P&O ship, they say, "You get what you pay for"! Well I did not find this to be a cheap cruise by any means, for the same money I could go on Princess or HAL, which I intend to do in the future. Goodbye P&O, thanks for the memories!

Most Disappointing of all P&O ships!!

Pacific Pearl Cruise Review by dutchie6

dutchie6’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Australia Pacific Pearl price drops

I do like the Pacific Pearl cabins they are roomy, plenty of wardrobe space, suitcase fits under the bed. I also like the decor on this ship. Bathroom is fine!

• Alotau
    I thoroughly enjoyed going to Alotau, the drums the dancing and singing was more than I expected, it was something I hadn't experienced before. I did find the souvenirs much too expensive to buy, $40 for a 'China Made' t-shirt, is too much. Sarongs were $25 not too bad, but other Islands I have been to they have been either $5, or $10, so a big difference. Wooden souvenirs I did not ask about, as I don't like dealing with Customs back home!
    View All 29 Alotau Cruise Port Reviews