• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

ShAronMENNE@YAHOO.COM
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Feb 2015
Cabin: Balcony

This was my third cruise and my friends first. I chose Houston port because of flights available for me and she could drive. We found a great hotel near the port where she could leave the car while we sailed. I had previously sailed out of New York and Miami. Although I had been to Cozumel before this was by far a much nicer stop than my last visit. I really think it was the difference in the ports that we stopped at this time. There is no word or phrase that I can find that describes the beauty of Coxen Hole, Hondorus. We had a private tour of the island and an excursion by boat through the mangroves. Absolutely wonderful. We were also quite happy with the port shopping. The Jewel has an on board shopping adviser. She was knowledgeable and helpful in making that experience better than my previous cruises. I liked the fact that Norwegian has vetted the local shops and extended a warranty to those on the approved list. It saved time and gave us comfort that we weren't being taken advantage of. Our cabin was close the elevator that was central to most of the dining facilities. We enjoyed being able to eat when and where we chose. It was like making a decision at home and going to a local restaurant. No first and second seating. From a buffet to BBQ at the pool or formal dining you chose when and where. The only way we will go again. The service was phenomenal. I celebrated my birthday during the week and they went all out to help me celebrate. From cake to balloons and streamers in our stateroom.This cruise was by far my BEST ever. We are now planning when and where we do our next Norwegian vacation.

Balcony

Cabin BX

Room was great. This was the first time I had the balcony and will only go this route on future cruises. We were able to sit and read, sight see, take pictures, etc. all from our cabin. It also made the room seem bigger than it really was. This was the best upgrade to the trip that we made. Spend the extra on a balcony room. You will not regret it.

1 Helpful Vote