3. Seven Seas Navigator
This is a second re-write of my original draft. I have read many reviews here on cruise critic. Some so negative, I think to myself, there is nothing that would have satisfied that OP. Had I posted the original, you would have all thought the same. I will try to be as fair and objective as possible, considering the circumstances. First note that my husband and I met and married while working for a vacation club resort 23 years ago. He was on the Food and Beverage team and I was at (the equivalent of) Reception. Today we are still in the food and hospitality business and therefore have insight and understanding of the jobs performed onboard. That said... I'll begin with the Positive: The cabins and closet. Fortunately we were in an area of the ship that did not vibrate. While the cabins are similar to those on Seabourn and Silversea, we preferred the layout on the Navigator. The beds. Not only were they super comfortable with memory foam, they were also a bit higher than on other cruises making luggage storage easier. The desserts. The pastry chef is a real professional. Hopefully he will be recruited by one of our preferred cruise lines. The bread. The bread is some of the best we've experienced at sea. It even rivals the breadsticks on Seabourn. Prime 7. We live in a country where aging beef is forbidden due to food and safety regulations. We very much enjoyed the prime rib and wished that we could have dined there more frequently. Honorable mentions also go to the comfort of the pool lounges and the talent of the male vocalist as well as the acrobatics couple. Now for the Negative: The First Impression terrible. To be fair, it would probably have been much better had we not been on the last bus from the hotel. Lunch was total chas to the point that we never returned to the Verandah during the rest of our cruise. Once in our cabins, one of our suitcases never showed up. After 4:00pm and a lack of concern from the ladies at Reception, I walked the halls. I found my baggage parked outside of cabin 841. We were in 1023! Our first excursion was also a mishap. We boarded a bus in Costa Maya - direction Vivero Beach Club (in the middle of nowhere) to be informed that due to high winds, the excursion will be very uncomfortable "didn't the tell you at the pier?" No. We spent 2 hours as a captive audience being sand blown and solicited by vendors. The 45 minute ride back was shared with passengers from an NCL ship. Did I mention it was open bar? Not a luxury experience. Now for the real deal breaker: Halfway through our trip and a few hours after eating a suspicious piece of marinated meat on a salad, my husband became ill. I'll skip the details... After visiting the ship's doctor, she ordered him to stay in our cabin for 24 hours. It was a clear case of food poisoning, the doctor even recognized this by prescribing antibiotics to kill the bacteria. We all know that you do not treat viruses with antibiotics. The following day - a perfect day in Grand Cayman- I went to see the Hotel Manager hoping to reduce my husband's 24 hour sentence (as he was ready to go and dreaming of this port) and perhaps to receive an apology. No such thing, TOTAL DENIAL. 30 minutes later a letter arrived at our cabin (prison cell) threatening to disembark the virus carrying passenger if he left the room. Regent - Never again

Food Poisoning

Seven Seas Navigator Cruise Review by Les Picantins

I'll begin with the Positive:
Now for the Negative:
Now for the real deal breaker:
Regent - Never again