3. Carnival Miracle
Carnival, where the fun never stops, I am still waiting for the fun to begin never mind never stopping. Things didn' t start well when we got to the port to see a massive queue which we would be stuck in for almost 2 hours, just to check in! There were about 10 kiosks but only 4 or 5 manned and it was slow. There was no information about how long we would have to wait, no coffee stations etc, really bad organisation. They know how many people will be checking in so why not prepare? Once on board we were told we could have lunch so went to the buffet. We had been up since 7am so were hungry. The buffet is poorly laid out with a few stations. The queues were horrific and we knew there would be no chance of getting any thing to eat, and we were right. I asked to speak to a head waiter but he could not have cared less and kept checking his phone whilst I was talking to him. I have never heard of a cruise where you cannot get anything to eat! Dreadful incompetent planning! They had one guy making sandwiches from fresh, why not have several trays ready on embarkation day. We then had to go to muster and that took forever. We were made to just wait and wait and they never checked who was there so what was the point? I had poor expectations from then on and I was proved right, time and time again. The food in general was pretty average and there were always queues, no matter what you wanted. It was not very exciting and never hot. The dinner in the main dining room was ok but nothing special. There seemed little to do during the day except for a few quizzes - wow! The evening entertainment was a real let own. There were only 2 shows as such (must be a great life being a "dancer" on this line) and they were not that brilliant. One of the shows was about the Beatles but I think they got confused with the musical Hair looking at the wigs the girls wore, more 70s than 60s. The other night there was a juggler and than they used a really cheap way of entertaining us by audience participation which is always a let down. I do not want to hear where everyone comes from or if they are looking forward to the cruise. This is all down to budgets and I must say the Cruise Director was hard working and seemed a really nice guy. There were a couple of male singers, Andy was really nice but they put him at the back of the bar in the casino? There was little atmosphere at night and most people ended up in the casino, good ploy by Carnival. There were no female lounge singers as on other ships. This is the only cruise I have been on where at times it was difficult to get a drink. The lobby bar was busy but with only 2 staff who worked non stop, where the Piano Bar was empty with staff having nothing to do. In the Mad Hatter bar which was freezing,the service was awful and the barman didn' t seem bothered. There was another bar where the live music was so loud you could not stay there. There were just 2 stops which was fine, Cabo San Lucas where we only had a few hours, and then Puerto Vallarta. The good points were the housekeeping staff, especially Phanton and also the staff in the restaurant, particularly Nathaniel, the Maitre was also very pleasant. The cabin was nice. The self service coffee was good. The Serenity area was pleasant, and I think that is about it. We were bored on this ship and were glad to get off. There seemed to be a lot of people on a fantastic deal so perhaps they had cut back on things. It was good to get off and eat a hot, tasty meal. I thought Carnival would be good as they own so many lines but we were very disappointed. Back to Royal Caribbean next time. First and last time with Carnival.

Disappointing cruise with Carnival

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Marty170

• Sail Date: February 2015
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View
The dinner in the main dining room was ok but nothing special.
There seemed little to do during the day except for a few quizzes - wow!
First and last time with Carnival.
Marty170’s Full Rating Summary