3. Celebrity Silhouette
Our first cruise was on the Celebrity Reflection and I loved every second of that so I had high expectations going into this cruise. I was not disappointed. The Silhouette is well maintained and clean. It is identical for the most part to the Reflection. The Silhouette does indeed have a Molecular Bar, they do have the Qasar Nightclub which is not on the Reflection. The Persian Garden is half the size as that on the Reflection, and no cold room. The workout area has a large section for classes and your own use when no classes are being run - I preferred this to the Reflection. There are some other differences but these were the ones that mattered to me. Food: I quite enjoy the food at the spa cafe - I like that it is pre-plated and overall the offerings just appealed to me more. The general buffet wasn't bad, but I just wasn't wowed by the food there. The MDR service and atmosphere was good. I didn't have bad meals, but only a few items were standouts to me - items where I was salivating. Room: oceanview on deck 6 - lifeboat obstruction. I got used to the lifeboat, but I would book early and get a hump cabin, or pay more $$$ to be higher up. Lawn Club: love the lawn club - great place to relax and not super crowded, unlike the pool area. Persian Gardens: ok. loved it on the reflection so much that I bought the 6d pass to start. didn't use it as much as I thought - preferred the lawn club. on the 1st day there was no music playing, on another day the steam room had a nasty smell. just not as heavenly as I remembered/expected. workout room: loved the large space that you cld use when classes not in session. also enjoyed using the balcony to workout. unless you are up early dont use the jogging path on sea days - too many people in the way. I enjoyed using the jogging track on port days. Ports: loved diving in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Didn't do much in Falmouth. Labadee was nice, of course it isn't the 'real Haiti but a nice beach day. Tendering Process w/o Celebrity excursion: what a cluster tendering was. we arrived late due the azipod issue which was expected, but didn't start getting pp on tenders until an hour later - people were waiting in frustration. As it was I had to line up 1.5 hrs before they distributed general tender tics - I was 1st in line. I just made my 1230 excursion (5min walk from port). Really something to be aware of. Based on research I knew it could be a cluster - just something to be aware of. NYE: spent NYE on board. Joined the dance party on pool deck. unveiled 2015 ice sculpture at midnight. formal night (1 of 2)

2nd Cruise Ever; Nice Ship, Relaxing Cruise

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by euro_101

• Sail Date: December 2014
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda (obstructed view)

euro_101’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

Deluxe Veranda (obstructed view)
Cabin 2D 6188
oceanview on deck 6 - lifeboat obstruction. I got used to the lifeboat, but I would book early and get a hump cabin, or pay more $$$ to be higher up. Room was kept clean. Steward was good. Love that they shower doesn't have a curtain. Beds are comfy I think. No complaints except lifeboat, but of course I knew what I was getting.
Continental Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins