Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by euro_101

• Sail Date: Dec 2014
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Veranda 2D

Our first cruise was on the Celebrity Reflection and I loved every second of that so I had high expectations going into this cruise. I was not disappointed. The Silhouette is well maintained and clean. It is identical for the most part to the Reflection. The Silhouette does indeed have a Molecular Bar, they do have the Qasar Nightclub which is not on the Reflection. The Persian Garden is half the size as that on the Reflection, and no cold room. The workout area has a large section for classes and your own use when no classes are being run - I preferred this to the Reflection. There are some other differences but these were the ones that mattered to me. Food: I quite enjoy the food at the spa cafe - I like that it is pre-plated and overall the offerings just appealed to me more. The general buffet wasn't bad, but I just wasn't wowed by the food there. The MDR service and atmosphere was good. I didn't have bad meals, but only a few items were standouts to me - items where I was salivating. Room: oceanview on deck 6 - lifeboat obstruction. I got used to the lifeboat, but I would book early and get a hump cabin, or pay more $$$ to be higher up. Lawn Club: love the lawn club - great place to relax and not super crowded, unlike the pool area. Persian Gardens: ok. loved it on the reflection so much that I bought the 6d pass to start. didn't use it as much as I thought - preferred the lawn club. on the 1st day there was no music playing, on another day the steam room had a nasty smell. just not as heavenly as I remembered/expected. workout room: loved the large space that you cld use when classes not in session. also enjoyed using the balcony to workout. unless you are up early dont use the jogging path on sea days - too many people in the way. I enjoyed using the jogging track on port days. Ports: loved diving in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. Didn't do much in Falmouth. Labadee was nice, of course it isn't the 'real Haiti but a nice beach day. Tendering Process w/o Celebrity excursion: what a cluster tendering was. we arrived late due the azipod issue which was expected, but didn't start getting pp on tenders until an hour later - people were waiting in frustration. As it was I had to line up 1.5 hrs before they distributed general tender tics - I was 1st in line. I just made my 1230 excursion (5min walk from port). Really something to be aware of. Based on research I knew it could be a cluster - just something to be aware of. NYE: spent NYE on board. Joined the dance party on pool deck. unveiled 2015 ice sculpture at midnight. formal night (1 of 2)

euro_101's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Veranda 2D
Cabin 2D 6188

oceanview on deck 6 - lifeboat obstruction. I got used to the lifeboat, but I would book early and get a hump cabin, or pay more $$$ to be higher up. Room was kept clean. Steward was good. Love that they shower doesn't have a curtain. Beds are comfy I think. No complaints except lifeboat, but of course I knew what I was getting.

Labadee

Not the real Haiti, but a nice beach break. Just grabbed our own chairs on the beach. Didn't pay for an excursion. Food and drinks are free on the island (whatever drinks are included in your beverage pkage).

Falmouth

Just walked to the cruise port shops. Didn't take an excursion as didn't want to deal with long bus or cab ride to Dunn River Falls. Had thought of going to Montego Bay but didn't want to pay for an all-inclusive plus cab and have our time in port shorted due to azipod issue. Spent most of day on ship. Which was nice.

Scuba

Good tour. Just reiterate what time you need to be back. Luckily I was able to get dropped at the cruise port for 6USD. Did 2 dives - about 30min out from the port. Good diving - nice formations and swim throughs.

Scuba - Certified

5min walk from port. 2 dives off of 7 mile beach. I liked that we were not super far from the cruise ship. cayman has good diving.

View All 46 Scuba - Certified Reviews