3. MSC Divina
Just to start off, this was my first cruise, but not for my husband, so he had a point of reference. However, I had resisted cruising as a travel option because I did not think it would be so much fun. I was wrong. When I finally decided to do it, I found a special offer for the Divina and it looked really elegant. So I finally dove in, and will continue to cruise for a long time! First off, getting on board was painless. After reading stories about how chaotic it could be, I was concerned. We were boarded in just over an hour. We were able to enjoy the view of the Miami port and go up to the buffet as everyone was boarding. We even spent time in one of the jacuzzis and had a nap before departing. Both the buffet and meal time dinners at Black Crab restaurant were always delicious. Service and preparation were clearly planned. One thing that would have helped me being a first time cruiser was to know some of the themes in advance. We also enjoyed two of their specialty restaurants onboard. The Galaxy disco restaurant was a unique experience with an ability to do small dish sampling and wine pairing. Very elegant and beautifully prepared. We went to most of the pools and hot tubs but on our last sea day, we paid for a spot on the 18th deck, which had only a hot tub and was adults only. This is something that I highly recommend for people traveling without children. It was more serene and quiet. We did not do any of the excursions but instead got off at each port and found our own excursion. In San Juan, we took a taxi boat and did a tour of the Bacardi factory which I highly recommend. One of the best things about this cruise was the nightly entertainment. There was a show every evening and having seen shows in LA, NY and Vegas, I was truly impressed. The best was the Michael Jackson show. And our porters were just terrific. Our rooms and fresh towels were always at the ready. A terrific value and experience.

A Fantastic Experience!

MSC Divina Cruise Review by LisaE3

A terrific value and experience.
LisaE3’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Divina price drops

Our cabin totally blew away the cramped conditions that I had been expecting. We had a full bathroom with plenty of cabinets and shelves. We had not only a walk in closet with a safe, but also a second closet with shelves. Our king bed was comfortable. And we had a sofa, coffee table, desk, mini bar and TV area that butted up to a window wall facing the front of the boat. Always a terrific view!
  MSC Divina Deck Plans

• City Tour
    We took a trolley/tram tour through town and visited the lighthouse. It was a great view of the historic city and the lighthouse.
    View All 40 City Tour Reviews
  • Bacardi Rum Distillery
    This is a must-go, in my opinion. We took a taxi boat to the factory then a taxi up the hill to the factory. It is very well run with several choices of what you want to see. We took a more extensive tour and felt it was worth the money.
    View All 82 Bacardi Rum Distillery Reviews