3. Navigator of the Seas
I know...you wonder how a cruise can be both dazzling and disastrous. I am here to tell you it happened! So here goes my latest cruise experience. My husband and I have over 50 cruises under our belts, so this is not a blown out of proportion rookie cruise experience. Embarkation and Debarkation went smooth and fast. For us, Galveston has been an easy port. Our group of five booked this cruise specifically for The Texas Tenors group. It was a charter done through an agency. Our reservation for this cruise was made ten months in advance. Upon embarkation, we went to the Windjammer for lunch and then proceeded to explore the ship. At 1:00 we set off for our rooms. As a group of five, we were to have three people in one room and two in another. This is where disaster set in. My husband, sister-in-law, and I were sharing a balcony room with a couch bed...we thought...It wasn't. Somehow we are stuck in a room with a bunk bed. None of us are young or fit enough to climb into an overhead ceiling bunkbed. We thought the solution would be simple. Get a room with a couch bed (what we wanted in the first place) or get my sister-in-law a roll away bed. We were told the cruise was COMPLETELY BOOKED AND FULL (Lie #1) . No rooms to be had. The front desk and the room steward were supposed to get her a roll away bed, so we went our merry way to dinner and the show. We get back to our room around 11:30 pm to find a children's cot on the floor. My sister-in-law is 63 years old, 5'10" tall. She is not built for a child's cot. Bless her heart, she tried to lay on it and the middle sank to the floor and the ends came up. I cannot believe they really thought she would sleep like the letter "U" for seven nights! Livid does not begin to describe my husbands anger. We go back to the front desk and are told nothing else could be done (Lie #2) . I have never ever seen my husband so mad. The desk manager FINALLY realized that my husband was not going to back down and somehow a room would be available for my sister-in-law the next day. Hmmm...we were told there were no rooms left just hours before...after we set sail. A miracle...They also found a roll away bed that did not exist earlier. Instead of all the deception, anger, hurt feelings, and BS, RC could have just given us a roll away bed in the beginning and all would have been fine. Nope. RC had to screw us around first. My sister in law ended up in a room to her self (no extra charge) and that was wonderful. I just wonder why RC had to be so hard to get along with? Our early dining was an adventure too. We get to our table and find it full of people. We look at our sea pass cards to make sure we had it right and we did. The people at our table were supposed to be at the late seating dinner. They refused to leave our table. They claimed that RC let them change their time. So there we stand with no table and the wait staff is just as floored and surprised as us. After already going a couple of rounds over our stateroom, this was just beginning to really irk me. The maitre'd was found and he placed our group at a nice table for the entire cruise. The maitre'd got it right when it came to service. As I said earlier, this was a cruise with The Texas Tenors. A fabulously talented group of singers. These young men were the Dazzling part of this cruise. Their fan club (who arranged this charter) were the rudest and nastiest group of people to hit the seas. This fan club has a core group that excludes more people than it includes and The Texas Tenors have no idea of the nastiness that occurred at their fist performance. There were a lot of us who wished to see their performance and stood outside and waited for the fist performance (6:30) to end so we could enter the theater as soon as possible and get good seats for the second performance. This group of rabid fans did not let anyone waiting for the second performance to have any of the first three rows. When I asked them if they thought it was fair that they sit through two performances and take the first three rows, I was told to screw myself and go to he!! Classy group of fans...NOT! They even pushed and bullied people for the private show. I really wonder if the Texas Tenors have any clue that some of the "ladies" they recognize as wonderful fans are anything but. The Q & A was no better. Only the core group knew about first cancellation. Only the core group was let in on the door decorating contest. Only the core group was fully informed of the schedule of private events. Most people did not get a schedule until the 3rd cruise day. I paid for the Texas Tenor charter and was treated like an intruder. I am a fan of the Texas Tenors, but I will never do another one of their charter cruises. Think twice before booking with a charter group. It is not as fun as it sounds. I never did get close enough to have my CD's autographed...which the seller guaranteed would be autographed. Lesson learned. I usually enjoy the RC singers and dancers, but not this time. The dancers were fine and did their best. The singers were the worst ever. I really mean that. After fifty plus cruises, these singers were the worst. Tone deaf...out of sync...no projection of voice...monotone...zero harmonizing...awful. Lots of people walked out of both shows. The 70's disco music on the promenade was just as horrible. That young man hit so many sour notes. It was cringe worthy! The comediennes were a blast. Family friendly and adult comedy was just awesome. Enjoyed that a lot. The Cruise Director and his staff were really nice and very entertaining. The trivia was always enjoyable and those who hosted were always very funny. The Schooner bar piano player is one of the best I have ever heard. His nightly shows were always great. The Schooner Bar staff is also to be commended. Always great service. The food on our cruise was fine. There was always plenty to select from. If anyone dares to say that there is no selection food on this ship, they did not read their daily compass! As I said in the beginning...Dazzling and Disastrous!

Dazzling and Disastrous

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by cruisologist

As I said in the beginning...Dazzling and Disastrous!

cruisologist’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Cabin Deck 8
Room was not what we booked, but was fine in the end.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans