This was my 43rd cruise and 13th on HAL. 10 Day Southern Caribbean Cruise. Stateroom SA 7058: Just right. Room Attendants were most attentive and very nice. Neptune Lounge: Always a treat. Faye and Rick were perfect and REALLY went out of their way to insure we had a great cruise. Ports of Call: Half Moon Key; Grand Turk; Samana DR; Bonaire; Curacao; Aruba. The ports of call were as always the same. So I won't dwell on them. The ship was spotless and most importantly the crew were effervescent in their courtesy and efficiency. PROBLEM AREAS: The first night we ate in the Vista Dining Room, Open Seating. It was a disaster. I had to find an officer to fetch a cup of coffee after 15 minutes. The food arrived late and cold. WE left and ate in the Lido. We later ot a call from the Dining Room Manager who apologized. We told him we wouldn't be back! We made reservations in the Pinnacle Grill every following night and one night in the Cannelato, their Italian specialty restaurant. Then to top it all off two days late we got a note that we were assigned to Open Seating in the main dining room at 8:00 PM. I thought Open Seating meant "When you want". Oh well. SMOKING: HAL has now relegated us smokers to two areas. Your balcony and the Sea View Bar at the stern of the ship. I predict the balconies will be the next to go. My first cruise on HAL smoking was permitted in every lounge on the ship. Vapeing is not allowed either. Other than the above it was a great cruise. We had a good time and met some lovely people.

A Different Kind of Cruise

Noordam Cruise Review by peterc6

• Sail Date: February 2015
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite
This was my 43rd cruise and 13th on HAL.
10 Day Southern Caribbean Cruise.
Ports of Call: Half Moon Key; Grand Turk; Samana DR; Bonaire; Curacao; Aruba.
PROBLEM AREAS:
SMOKING:
peterc6’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Noordam price drops

Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite
Cabin SA 7058
Very nice, well appointed and serviced well.
Rotterdam Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins