3. Quantum of the Seas
Some background. My wife and I, live in NJ, traveled with 2 other couples from CT, all late 60's. The Quantum is beautiful and being new, everything is in pristine condition. The crew was wonderful and couldn't do enough for you. We have been on 16 cruises, RCCL, Celebrity, Princess and NCL and food is an important part of any cruise for me. We got to the port around 11AM, and after the usual 20 min. car backup got to the luggage area. I don't understand why in Florida where they have multiple ships embarking at the same time, there is never a car backup problem and at Bayonne, even after redoing the terminal, there are still backups with just one ship. After they put the tracking tags on so you could see where your luggage is, we went through security, were pointed to a check in person and were on board probably 20 minutes after arriving. Though the new terminal didn't eliminate the traffic backups, everything else was pretty quick. You really don't have to worry about what check in time is listed on your sea pass. We met our friends in the Windjammer and got something to eat. The food is the usual Windjammer food but arranged more like Celebrity with separate stations, a great improvement. Breakfast is usual, but for lunch they serve a fantastic turkey burger and fresh out of the oven chocolate chip cookies. Coffee was excellent, everyplace except the last few days it tasted too strong in the restaurants. Our cabin 9662 superior balcony, was really nice. Everything laid out great. Terrific shower and very comfortable bed. Very quiet. Never heard any noise. Excellent thermostat. Rico our steward kept everything perfect. Gave him extra tip. The new Entertainment they have is unbelievable. The Starwatcher show in the 270 lounge has got to be the best show we've ever seen anywhere. There are robot shows there also. The 270 cafe serves real nice sandwiches and salads and a carved roast beef sandwich that melts in your mouth. The Mama Mia show in the Palace Theater is broadway caliber. Too bad the theater is not. The center seats are so low and don't seem to rise up as you go back. There are a lot of pillars along the sides and rear. We preferred the blue seats on the sides. I've been on ships that had beautiful, comfortable, theater seating with no pillars blocking the views. Very surprised at RCCL for this and some of the dining experiences. It's not like they're new at this. The Sonic Odyssey show was so-so. We saw Starwatcher twice we loved it so much. The music was OK. The Orchestra was terrific as it always is, but the smaller groups and lounge players didn't seem to be of the high quality they usually have with the exception of the Calypso band. Being at Diamond level you get great perks. They have a small Diamond lounge which at night has horderves and drinks but each Diamond member can get up to 3 drinks daily in any lounge between 5-830PM. We usually met in the Schooner Bar and then went to dinner. DINING was hit or miss although it greatly improved toward the end of the cruise when it seems they took on board many new hires. In the beginning, the waiter seemed to do everything himself. Towards the end they had assistant waiters also. I always seemed to have enough good selections but my table mates complained a lot. Just order an extra dish, and if something comes out not hot enough, return it. They seem to change the menus and add things, so don't depend on what you see online before you go. I know I was looking for the Bronzini, but didn't see it anyplace. If you are a Diamond, the Diamond Concierge in the Diamond Lounge can change reservations for you, but you should at least have most dinners and entertainment reserved in advance from home. Jaimie's Italian was just fantastic and we ate there twice ($30) but worth it. We were able to get into Coastal Kitchen, private rest. for suite guests, because we complained about dinner service and quality, and Coastal was really excellent also. The other free restaurants just weren't up to the standards and comfort we expected from past cruises. We prefer a set main dining room time with the same waiter in a beautiful 2 or 3 story dining room. These all seemed small, and because everybody ate at different times there were always empty tables or tables with dirty dishes still on them. But having the 3 drinks each night helped. I forgot about the Solarium areas on the pool deck. That was wonderful because even in cool weather, you could find lounges protected from the outside. Enough writing. Overall, we had a great time in spite of problems in the dining room. There was never a problem getting off and back on at ports because they used two areas front and rear. What a concept. But I still think I like a ship with standard dining and one where you don't have to spend hours before the cruise on line to prebook everything.

Quantum is a beautiful ship

Quantum of the Seas Cruise Review by thezeit

Jaimie's Italian was just fantastic and we ate there twice ($30) but worth it.

thezeit’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Quantum of the Seas price drops

Cabin was beautiful with plenty of room for all the clothes. Luggage fit under the bed. Bathroom had a great shower with a round glass shower door. Ask for bar soap and shampoo if not given to you. Rico always kept cabin in pristine condition. Balcony had 2 lounge chairs and small table.
  Quantum of the Seas Deck Plans