3. MSC Armonia
After many cruises on the Fantasia Class and Musica Class of MSC Cruises we this time booked the much smaller MSC Armonia for our winter getaway. We were very excited about the refurbishment and lengthening of ship and was looking forward to the cruise to Morocco and the Canary Island. We booked the new balcony cabin category and had the cheers drinkpackage included. Very smooth and easy embarkation in Las Palmas and our adventure could start. Our cabin on deck 9 was soon ready and I have to say, I loved it. Even if they are rather small, they had everything we needed. Very comfortable bed and nice interior and plenty of wardrobe space. Nice balcony with two chairs and a small table. Flat screen TV. Minibar and safe. Bright colors and mirrors make the impression of the cabin larger. Suite and balcony cabins guests are allocated to the La Pergola Restaurant, one of two main dining rooms on the ship. They offer My Choice Dining time in the restaurant which is very nice. And I have to say, we really loved the food and service in the restaurant. Plenty of tables for two persons. New table every evening. Couldn't have asked for more. The waiters were excellent and the quality of the food and the presentation was excellent. The menu and the food on the Gala evenings and the Italian evening really impressed me. I have sailed the MSC Yacht Club several times and I have to say, the food in La Pergola was very close to the quality served there. Nice atmosphere as well. They also have a new concept for lunch in the restaurants on board, the Pronto Bistro. Also excellent and on the disembarkation day we had breakfast in the La Pergola, so quiet and plenty to choose from. A far better experience than the buffet breakfast which can be stressfull. The buffet is open 20/24 and also have nice outdoor sitting. Pizza, pasta and burger stations are outside, great for a quick lunch. The quality of the burgers have improved a lot compared to earlier cruises on MSC. Inside the usual buffet offerings but the restaurant itself is a bit to small. Hard to find seats in the busy hours. Plenty of bars and lounges to choose from. Three shows each night, reserve your seat on the interactive monitors placed around the ship. We only attended two shows, one which was quite ordinary, songs from Italy. Nothing special. It seems like the barservice had shortage of staff as waiting time for drinks was too long sometimes, especially on the pooldeck and in the lounges in the evening. In Casablanca we booked the MSC Shuttle bus to the Morocco Mall. Very convenient, In the other ports we did our own tours ashore. The ship itself is beautiful. It's a more classic cruiseship than today giants of the seas. She has a bright and nice interior which give a very cozy and intimate atmosphere. Very large and roomy outerdecks. My favourite was the Red Bar with live music and Cafe San Marco with pastries and coffee specialities but why close so early as 23PM? The bars on the the pooldeck are also open until midnight. Note that the pools are not heated, they are icecold.....jacuzzis hot. The usual cruisehip shops like duty-free ( good prices ), logo shop, jewellery and perfumeshops are on board. The staff and crew are mostly very helpful and serviceminded. Disembarkation was a breeze, we left our cabin by 0830 AM, had breakfast in La Pergola and the walked off the ship, picked up out suitcases in the terminal and got a taxi to the aiport. We have a lovely cruise and even the weather was quite warm and good. The ship and service on board impressed me a lot and I would love to go back on the MSC Armonia. Highly recommended.

A great cruise on the MSC Armonia