3. MSC Armonia
I must admit was a bit wary about going on a MSC cruise after reading views therefore went with an open mind which I am glad I did as it exceeded my expectations. We are a couple in our 40s and 50s and this was our 8th cruise having cruised Royal caribbean, Celebrity and Thomson previously. Everything was organised by our travel agent Barbara from cruise.co.uk including flights, hotels and transfers and she explained our booking in detail and she was very good. As our flight out to Gran Canaria was an early flight we stayed at the premier inn gatwick hotel. We were not in the premier inn directly in the terminal we were just outside the terminal. You can get a shuttle bus to the hotel for £3 but we did not bother as it is only a 5 min walk away. Hotel was clean and comfortable and surprisingly in our room hardly heard the planes. Our flight was with easy jet and no problems, arrived in Gran Canaria at lunchtime where our transfer was waiting for us to take us to the AC hotel in gran canaria. Hotel was clean and modern, not sure about the food as we ate out. Literally a 10 min walk to the port so we just walked over to the ship the next day. EMBARKATION Very organised we were given out time to embark at 1300 hours so not much of a queue at the desks. All very smooth. First impressions of the Armonia were good, nice ship not too glitzy or traditional more modern. STATEROOM Suitcases arrived within a few hours and our inside cabin was clean with loads of storage space. Not sure if we had one of the added on cabins as it was in really good condition. Flatscreen tv (think there was only one English speaking channel), safe, mini bar etc. Showeroom had enough storage for toiletries, shower gel and shampoo in containers attached to wall. Hairdryer is in the Showeroom, but if like me you have curly hair I would recommend taking your own as it takes ages and very difficult as Showeroom gets really steamy and hot. Shower was the smallest shower I have ever seen, impossible to shower with curtain shut so just pulled it back and put towels on floor. Double bed very comfy and climate control in room worked accordingly. DINING We chose second dining in the main dining room and food selection was good. If you wanted you could have 7 courses. Always pasta/risotto selection every day. Main courses usually consisted of fish/pasta/meat selection. Portion sizes were adequate and food mostly tasty, very Mediterranean style but I was expecting this as was on a Mediterranean cruise ship. Has the allegrissmo drinks package which was excellent value and would highly recommend it. Went to the buffet dining one night and the selection was very poor . Good selection in the buffet for breakfast and lunch.though. As expected gets crowded especially at sea days. PORTS/EXCURSIONS We chose to do our own thing instead of taking any excursions as there was not any that really appealed to either of us. Our ports were Casablanca (overnight), Agadir, Lanzarote, Tenerife and back to Gran Canaria. Weather was variable, warm in Lanzarote and Agadir but other destinations were cooler and overcast. Due to this was not able to sunbathe outside on sea day which was unfortunate. ENTERTAINMENT You have to prebook your chosen time for the shows in the theatre. As there is such a wide selection of nationalities on board the shows consisted of mainly dancing/non singing acts which were not really to our taste. Daytime entertainment was not very good either. The entertainment team would base themselves at a designated venue daily but think it was mainly board games. Would not want to go on a cruise that had a lot of seadays as not much happening onboard. CREW Worked exceptionally hard and were all very pleasant and professional. DISEMARKATION We were allocated a time to be in theatre and from there was told when to disembark depending on luggage tag. Again very organised and very little queues. Once off you collect your luggage if you chose to not take it off yourself from an allocated area at the port . Again very straightforward and efficient. Transfer was there to take us to the airport for our flight home. OVERALL If you are looking for a value for money cruise with fairly good food on a lovely ship I would highly recommend it. If you prefer the more sedate traditional cruise with Michelin star food then no I would not recommend it. Would we cruise again with MSC? Absolutely if the itinary was to our choice.

Refurbished Armonia value for money

MSC Armonia Cruise Review by rubbles90

EMBARKATION
STATEROOM
DINING
PORTS/EXCURSIONS
ENTERTAINMENT
CREW
Worked exceptionally hard and were all very pleasant and professional.
DISEMARKATION
OVERALL
rubbles90’s Full Rating Summary
Get MSC Armonia price drops

Clean, small but plenty of storage
  MSC Armonia Deck Plans