3. Norwegian Breakaway
Returned from a relaxing weekend on the Norwegian Breakaway cruise to nowhere from New York City. It was a beautiful ship and I enjoyed it very much. Parents took the same trip year ago but myself and sister this was our first time onboard. All of us stayed in mini-suite deck 9 which was spacious but not very large but was there when we needed it to return to. The bath was good size and shower was fun to use with the two settings on showerhead. Stateroom attendant was attentive. I will break down the cruise: EMBARKATION: (Friday) Left here 8:30am with some light snow on our trip to the NY Waterway Ferry in Weehaken where we parked the car in the parking garage then took the ferry to city side then got into New York City cab to the cruise terminal. Arrived terminal shortly before 10am cleared security, then checked in at the desk and our boarding number was 5. Waited for good hour then boarded via deck 7. Then went to Garden Cafe buffet for lunch not crowded so we got our food then found table. The food consisted of fries, burgers, hot dogs, short ribs, beef roast and much more. The food was very good. Beverages were lemonade, flavored water and water from the Vitality juice machines. Following lunch walked around the ship to check it all out parents give myself and sister tour of all the public lounges and restaurants. I mentioned earlier parents took this same trip last year without us. Then checked out stateroom as I mentioned earlier. Then walked around some more then prepared for muster drill which our station was C4 and was in the Atrium on deck 6 waited like an hour people were not cooperating so the muster drill did not go on time but when it began it ended quickly, They showed video on large screen demonstrating how to use your lifejacket. After muster drill parents and sister went to Moderno on deck 8 for dinner Moderno is the specialty restaurant and I just went to Garden Cafe buffet which consisted of similar items just like lunch. The first nights main dessert was an American flag cake which was strawberry short cake very tasty. Cruising: (Saturday) Saturday was a very windy day and the seas were choppy early morning but conditions improved when the sun came out in afternoon but still cold to do anything on deck. They closed all outside decks since it was very windy but there was one door that was not locked and that was center door entering and exiting Garden Cafe but it was kind of cold out there to walk the decks. They went for breakfast I slept in then walked the ship sat by Mixx Bar deck 6 just people watching until the lunch buffet served. After buffet walked around some more by Mixx Bar then checked out the exercise facilities on deck 16 which look out at the water. They is plenty to see on this large ship. Due to the weather things like the Aqua Park were closed but Friday noticed some people in the Jacuzzis and few in pool which are all heated but you must be very cold when you come out. I was also on that front deck Friday watching us depart the city and it was good weather but windy once the ship got moving. New York City looks vibrant when its dark outside. I had dinner in the buffet then just sitting around there then everyone got there after I finished then they had their dinner. Everyone else after dinner walked around bit I just return to stateroom to pack up little I had with me then to sleep. DISEMBARKATION: Sunday Was up around 5:30am shortly after that we were docking. I think we were due in 8am but earlier arrival. They went for one last breakfast I made sure I was all packed up then they returned then went to deck 7 to disembark the ship it was painless, NCL is the only line that lets you stay in your stateroom until you are free to disembark. Disembarked shortly after 7:30am off the ship to downstairs level clear customers and cross 12th Avenue to get cab no problem getting one returned to ferry terminal on ferry 8:10am return to get our car and in the door around 9am. ALL IN ALL: I enjoyed the NCL Breakaway very much. I would like to cruise on that ship again on a longer cruise to Bermuda maybe this fall or next spring if good deals come up. I never made it to O'Sheehans but definitely will next cruise. O'Sheehans was where parents went for lunch and dinner when they were on Breakaway last year and enjoyed it very much. It was always busy since the ship was full since this was a cruise to nowhere. It is a 24 hour venue which is always open. The age groups of people on this cruise were mixed bag some younger children and mainly adults who like to party and take off from work for three day weekend. They were few older groups onboard too. The ship was always clean everywhere you went. The service was attentive. I never went into the sit down or specialty restaurants. Next cruise maybe like to try Savor or Taste. I had a good time although weather was not very warm since it was late January but next cruise will need to do some things on deck. I recommend the Brekaway to anyone who is looking for a great cruise experience.

Weekend Cruise To Nowhere

Cruise Guy 17’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BA
This was our stateroom for the cruise to nowhere. It was spacious but could have been little bit larger, The stateroom was always clean. Our steward did good job to keep it looking clean.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins