Vision of the Seas Cruise Review

• Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

Failure to “WOW”

I just returned from TWO cruises on RCI Vision of the Seas

January 17th and January 31st. Cabins 7065 and 2031

I had a week in Orlando between the cruises.

I will do the normal good and bad format (sorry).

I had no problems getting on board the ship. I had not bought the ships transfer for the first cruise, but the RCI staff at the Tampa airport arranged it with no problems. No bad lines at the pier as others have complained of. I was Platinum on my first cruise and became Emerald on the second cruise.

I felt the food in the main dining room was fine. I had the same table (22) for both cruises, but different waiters. Milo on the first was very professional, and Eduardo was fun on the second. The only problem for me was when I ordered my steaks well done, three of them I had to send back for being rare! They looked well done on the outside. All quickly replaced. They had shrimp cocktail and escargot every night! I thought the dinner menu items were creative. Foods I don’t get at home like lamb or duck.

Both cabin stewards were fine, but both failed to bring a sharps container (I did not ask for one) as I left insulin and unused syringes out. Got 3 towel animals on both cruises.

The ship had free steam and sauna. The Spa ladies who gave the locker keys out were very nice. I brought them a box of chocolates for the second cruise.

Now the bad……………..

In the cabins……..

You have to “request” shampoo

You have to “request” ice.

You no longer get mints on your pillow.

You no longer get stationary and a pen. Fortunately I had a pen and paper from a TraveLodge motel (a budget chain) and paper from my last Princess cruise

Cabin 7065 had the worst mattress I ever had (and that includes church camp when I was 12) It was OK in 2031.

The shows were only mediocre. The Circe style show in the atrium was nice, but too short.

The Windjammer was very disappointing and uninspired in its offerings.

Park Café…. Totally BAD!!! Once onboard the 1st cruise, I went there instead of the crowded Windjammer buffet. I was served a “Ruben” that had one thin slice of beef and a table spoon of sauerkraut and no cheese. They are supposed to be open from 8pm to 2am. Once I was there at 1:30am and they were closed. On an other visit at 12:30am they had no ice for drinks, and when I asked if they could get some from somewhere else on the ship the staff said that’s not their job! They ran out of milk. They had pre packaged chefs salads but they would not provide salad dressing. I had better pizza in grade school cafeterias in the 1960’s than they served at limited times. (Carnival has 24 hour pizza)

After complaining at guest services at 12:30pm, I got some quick action the next day!

The manager at the Windjammer, Alex, got the Park Café staff to shape up. There was ice, milk, and salad dressing available the next night.

The house keeping manager provided 4 shampoos and Vision of the Seas stationary.

So if you want to cruise like 1997, with cheapened amenities, book this ship.

Personally I would not. There are better choices available.

APinkFlamingo's Full Rating Summary

Interior Stateroom
Cabin Q 7065

Terrible bed in 7065. Cabins are very small.

APinkFlamingo