3. Vision of the Seas
Its interesting to read other reviews of this cruise. Were we on the same ship? As a seasoned "Celebrity" cruiser, I was initially disappointed with the small size of the ship etc. However, I soon got to like it and enjoyed easily finding my way around. Our embarkation experience was amazing - probably due to timing. We did not get to the port until about 2pm and breezed on to the ship. Our cabin (4068) was perfect - Marlon our attendant was silent and efficient. Noise from the Centrum could be heard only when the door was opened. Not a problem. Our dining experience in the main dining room was perfect - everything it could be. Sedrick and Sanjyot were totally on the ball, our table location by the window was lovely. Food was excellent. Not that impressed with Windjammer, but I was always able to find something to eat. The room was crowded so I took my food to the outer deck, which was delightful. The Captain was outstanding - his command of English superb, he was charming and very visible. The cruise director, Steve was also a plus - his enthusiasm and energy amazed me. We had such fun - the disco night was the best cruising entertainment I have had. The formal entertainment was disappointing, but we realize that these shows are organized well in advance by an on-shore company. The juggler was very funny. My one small complaint about the cabin was the "mini bar stuff" which clutters up the small counter area. No-one in their right mind would spend $5 on a packet of cookies when there is abundant food available on the ship. Please dispense with this, or give us the option to have these items taken away.

Unexpectedly good cruise experience

Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by JOGcruises

JOGcruises’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Vision of the Seas price drops

Fine outside cabin. Clean and comfortable. Mattress was quite hard which I am not used to.
  Vision of the Seas Deck Plans

• Cave-Tubing
    Good overall experience. I had booked the cave tubing and zip line. Both of the zip line tours were cancelled the night before we arrived in Belize. I was disappointed. However, our guide on the bus (1.40 hour ride) "Oscar" was quite brilliant - kept us entertained the entire journey. The tubing, in actuality, was quite short - a lot of hanging about time afterwards. I should have gone with my first instinct which was to contact bz tubing and book independently. I am always nervous though that I will miss the ship's departure time. I was annoyed too, to see people zip lining happily above me when I had not been able to do it.I think I was with Chukka - the staging area was quite well organized, but we were not told ahead of time that we needed $6 for locker fee. Fortunately I had the money with me. I would have liked more time to swim in the cave. However, it was an enjoyable tour.
    View All 342 Cave-Tubing Reviews
  • Beach
    Very disappointing - Jungle Beach break. Exaggerated tour description. 40 minute bus ride -. We were told that bus to return to ship (the beach was in the middle of nowhere) would return every hour. However, we got to the beach on the first bus at 10:20 and were forced to take the 12:20 return as there was NO 1:20 bus and we had a commitment on the ship at 3 pm. $60 for 2 hours. The beach in Connecticut is better than this as far as the water/seaweed is concerned. Staff were not friendly and the "free" beer was watered down. I would not recommend this excursion at all.