3. Regal Princess
We've been on 24 cruises and this is the newest ship we've ever been on. I've tried to post things that stood out to me that might be of interest to others. The ship is fabulous in layout and design as expected. We had a balcony deluxe R104, second from the front on Riviera deck. The hallway at least on this deck was not straight - it zigzagged in and out and at first we were dizzy but that made the rooms up at the front so private as there were only 4 cabins with no interior rooms across from us. Loved the peace and quiet. Our cabin steward was the best we have ever had. When we left the card to clean the room it was always clean when we got back. And spotless. Being a new ship everything was clean and fresh. The beds are fabulous. The bathroom is a little small, but the showers are better and we never got water all over the bathroom floor once. Storage is everywhere. There were so many hangers (seems like around 50) I almost hung everything up and barely used the drawers and shelves. When you walk in your room there's a slot to put your room card in or the lights won't come on. The internet in our cabin was good enough. Slow of course but we used it for 30 minutes every morning to check email and such. The Regal has a free intranet and you can check your account from the cabin on the TV and look at some previews of things, etc. The movies in the theater and on MUTS are put on the TV the day after they are on the other venues. The hair dryer is in a drawer and attached through it somewhere, so you have to sit down at the desk to use it and constantly keep your finger on the button for it to work. The fridges are a little bigger and twice as deep with a little shelf. The balconies that everyone is complaining about are fine. They seemed the same size to me that all the other balconies I've had are. The chairs are nicer. They have the higher backs and actually recline 2 levels. There's no foot stool so I just used the table. The food is better but still hit or miss. We ate in the Crown Grill one night and it was really fabulous. The buffet upstairs is different and except on sea days in the morning it flowed really well. Different nationality of foods here and there. Separate salad areas. A couple of nights during the cruise they cut off a section and turn it into a Crab Shack. For $20/each we had appetizer, soup, a big bowl of shrimp, crab legs, corn, potatoes and sausage and desert. It was worth doing! The buffet entrances have these new wash stations as you enter but you can bypass them because they still have the Purell stands inside. This is one place where service was sorely lacking. Tables were not being bussed in a timely manner. Good luck trying to get someones attention for a drink. There were lots of servers looking busy at the service stations but they would never look up or past their nose as they walked by or they were standing around laughing. On the next to last day we did have a really good person in our section, but the gems were hard to find in this area. They've moved the Wheelhouse to in front of the Crown Grill - we spent several nights there listening to good music and the waitstaff in both locations was excellent. You can use your coffee card in 3 different locations (besides the dining rooms) and the gelato has its own space with crepes and sundaes and such. You either pay for it or use coffee card punches. I had a lovely banana split one afternoon. My DH wanted a crepe and was told he couldn't have one until after 2:00 (???) The IC seems to have changed the way it does service. They used to come to your table but no one was and I saw the line of people ordering coffee and got in it. Then I noticed there are no menus on the tables as before. They will bring your coffee to you when it's ready. Not sure why they did this except maybe with the new atrium design it is so spread out now. There's a new pizza place in the Atrium called Alfredos. It's a sit down place for specialty pizza and some pastas, salads, etc. - no charge but it's like eating in the restaurants where the serve you and you have a menu. Food and service both excellent. The Skywalk was kind of freaky at first but you get used to it. Make sure you don't get a cabin under it because your balcony would be in plain sight. There's a Skywalk bar on the opposite side and they do "shows" in the afternoon tossing drink bottles and such around. Never made it to one of those. The Retreat pool is now on the front of the ship in front of the Sanctuary (which is hidden behind closed doors). There is a fair amount of chairs but they fill up quickly. There are also 6 day beds that they charge $80/full day and $50/half day - needless to say only 2 to 4 were used at any time that we saw - and there's the Retreat bar right there for the area. I wish they would cover the pool. It was really windy in that area. We found the entertainment in the theater lacking. The comedian didn't tickle my fancy. We left the first Motown production show about halfway through and never went back. The casino is nice. There is actually a wide spiral staircase that winds down into the middle of it from the floor above. We missed Princess Cay due to high winds but that has happened before and we knew the night before we probably wouldn't make it. We went to Megans Bay on St. Thomas - with 7 ships it had the most people I had ever seen before. Next time I'll probably do a catamaran trip if there are that may ships. On St. Martin we did the Golden Eagle catamaran for the 3rd time. Always a great experience. Overall, it was exactly what we needed... R&R - and we will be back on this ship hopefully sooner rather than later!

Beautiful Ship...Relaxing Week

Regal Princess Cruise Review by seagypsea

seagypsea’s Full Rating Summary
Get Regal Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BE R104
We had a balcony deluxe R104, second from the front on Riviera deck. The hallway at least on this deck was not straight - it zigzagged in and out and at first we were dizzy but that made the rooms up at the front so private as there were only 4 cabins with no interior rooms across from us. Loved the peace and quiet. Our cabin steward was the best we have ever had. When we left the card to clean the room it was always clean when we got back. And spotless. The beds are comfortable although my DH would have like a sheet in addition to the duvet. The bathroom is a little small, but the showers are better and we never got water all over the bathroom floor once. Storage is everywhere. There were so many hangers (seems like around 50) I almost hung everything up and barely used the drawers and shelves. When you walk in your room there's a slot to put your room card in or the lights won't come on. The hair dryer is in a drawer and attached through it somewhere, so you have to sit down at the desk to use it and constantly keep your finger on the button for it to work. The fridges are a little bigger and twice as deep with a little shelf.
Marina Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Catamaran Tour
    This was our 3rd or 4th trip on the Golden Eagle. They always do an awesome job and the crew is outstanding. I always look forward to this island and excursion and will continue to do this every time I go. It's a great sail out to Maho and I got a great shot of a plane going right over the Cat. I don't snorkel so I just grab a noodle and jump in until they make us get back on and then we go to a beach and I do the same thing.
    View All 7 Catamaran Tour Reviews
  • St. Thomas
    We love St. Thomas. Always a comfortable port for us. We went to Megans Bay in the early afternoon and it was beautiful. Water crystal clear. However, with 7 ships in port it was the crowded and next time we will do something else if there are that many ships. But still the weather was great, the shops are nice and the people are always welcoming and friendly.
    View All 4,657 St. Thomas Cruise Port Reviews