• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

Angelo08012011
First Time Cruiser • Age 20s

Sail Date: May 2014
Cabin: Interior Stateroom

The idea of my family and some close family friends of ours was absolutely NOT my idea. My girlfriend and her sister and just graduated, and my father as well as her father knew I was going to propose on our celebration vacation. When the idea was mentioned, i was against it as I had wanted to go to a nice city in the US. After close evaluation, I eventually gave into the fact that the budget agreed with the cruise more, so I relented.

The cruise was 5 days and stopped at Key West and Cozumel. I was not nervous about cruising, but I was afraid that there wouldn't be very many things to do and would be full of raucous vomiting drunks. I was very, very, surprised.

Embarkation was very smooth for all of us except my brother who did not have a passport and his "birth certificate" turned out to be some weird hospital document that they used to give parents. The person checking us in went to the other side of the area to get a supervisor that he said would let us in, because the one he was assigned would not accept that. I thought that was fantastic.

Interior Stateroom

Our room was the very small, but not as small as I felt cramped. i had just got back from living in Brazil for 3 months sharing a very small apartment, so this felt wonderful. Nothing was broken, everything was clean. My brother is very slow at getting ready so I always went first and him second and we never felt in each others way, which is remarkable since it doesn't take much to light the fuse lol!

Port Reviews

Key West

The group kind of split up on this port. My girlfriend's father went around by himself taking pictures. The ladies went shopping and snacking. My brother did a bike tour and swam a little. My father and i did a hop on hop off trolley tour as well as Truman's Little White House and Earnest Hemingway house. Both guided museums were wonderful and the trolley guide as well. We actually ran out of time at the Hemingway house but what i saw surprised me, it is worth a look. I did not get to taste any key lime pie, but I became hooked on the care free way of life on the keys. It would be perfect for someone who wants island life, but doesn't want to give up some american creature comforts.

1 Helpful Vote