3. Celebrity Constellation
I've sailed five times before on Celebrity, and this was my most disappointing experience. Everything was mediocre. I sailed on the Reflection from Miami to Rome last spring, and did not have a single complaint. My partner and I found ourselves frustrated and disappointed with almost every aspect of this cruise. Food: The food was mediocre. Oceanliners was not memorable, and served several of the courses cold. The butter was so hard we had to practically shave it. The main dining room was consistently bland. Entertainment: We went to two shows. The dancers/performers seemed to be passionate and tried hard - but the direction was awful and cheesy. Never butcher and take liberties with classic songs like "Over the Rainbow" which the audience loves to sing along to! Nobody could sing along or even hum along with many of the songs because the production on both nights would alter the song into annoying medleys. Ports: Cozumel/Playa Del Carme and Key West were great. Ship facilities: The "Canyon Ranch" gym was fine, but always had dirty towels lying around. Moreover, they'd play spa/new age music which was not motivating for a gym! Passengers: Older crowd, heavily into eating, boozing and gambling. This is not for the sophisticate traveler, which we like to consider ourselves. Service: All of the servers and stateroom attendants were great, and were clearly working very hard. Many of them seemed overworked, which was sad for us to observe.

Not Up to the Celebrity Caliber

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by brichman

• Sail Date: February 2015
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Family Ocean View with Balcony
Ports: Cozumel/Playa Del Carme and Key West were great.

brichman’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Family Ocean View with Balcony
Cabin FV 7199
The cabin is great- It's very large with a huge balcony. The views are spectacular. However, the cabin itself is a bit rundown. The two sofas feel like the lower standard of cheap hotel, but this is a family cabin so it makes sense that Celebrity would not put the best furnishings in it.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins