3. Norwegian Breakaway
Well... I have my verdict. The Breakaway is an amazing ship! I was way more impressed with it than I thought I'd be. There is so much to do on this ship and the décor and themes throughout the ship are beautiful. I like the Breakaway better than the Jewel class ships. In my opinion its a more fast paced ship than the Jewel class, but you can still relax and do all of the things you like to do on a normal cruise ship and more. There's no reason to stay in your rooms, there's a lot to do. For a ship with 4,000 people on it, I didn't feel crowded at all. Do make reservations for the performances in which you can make reservations... there was a very long standby line at Headliners on day 2. There are several lounges and bars all throughout the ship with great musical entertainment all evening and night. Rock of Ages and Second City (Adult show) were very good. I suggest going to both of them. Rock of Ages was much more raunchy than I expected. It's almost a 2 hour long show, although online it says that its 1.25 hours. If you're offended by cursing then don't go to the Second City adult show. Ocean View was excellent. The Delmonico steak was the best I've ever had and the mussels were very good also. The duck was cooked perfectly, not rubbery or greasy. The risotto of Jonah crab is good, but it has cheese in it. The sea scallops were very good and very large. The calamari was good, although not the best I've had by far. My aunt enjoyed the madras curry bisque also. The cirque dreams and dinner was very impressive and mesmerizing. I suggest doing this if you're even slightly interested. You won't be disappointed. There was magic, acrobatics, juggling and several other acts within the 1.5 hour performance. A secret is... go to Moderno's for the quick buffet at lunch if you're trying to get in and out. Ask for a table near the atrium at Moderno's or Cagney's if you're eating dinner there and you may see the Burn the Floor dance show in the Manhattan room. The garden café is in a square on this ship. You walk around it in circles and sit on either side of the ship. Its actually set up better than on other ships, much easier to get in and out. Unfortunately, the weather was too windy and cold for us to go outside and use the waterpark, rock climbing wall or mini-golf course. Unfortunately, we didn't visit the spa or gym, although we wanted to. The big negative to this ship is the smoking in the casino and cigar lounge. The smoke can be very heavy at times during the day and during those times it travels to adjacent lounges and even further. In my opinion its a big problem, but you really only notice it if there's a lot of people smoking at the same time, which is not often. This could be because we were unable to go outside too. Bliss is in the casino unfortunately. And, the noodle bar borders the casino too. I chose not to eat in the noodle bar due to it being so close to the casino. Carlo's bake shop was good. We enjoyed the chocolate cake and cannoli's. Oddly, our cannolis were nearly frozen. After we let them thaw out they were great. Its hard to find the bake shop because the sign is small and off to the side. Its to the left, just before entering the Prime Meridian bar (in between Cagney's and moderno's).

The Breakaway is an amazing ship!

Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by sarcher

• Sail Date: January 2015
  • Destination: Nowhere
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom
sarcher’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BX 10906
Great room. Very comfortable bed and nice couch. The balcony was small and the chairs were too narrow for us. The bathroom is very small and it is curved and angled in a way to give plenty of room.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins