3. Enchantment of the Seas
First let me state that I have traveled on Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Celebrity cruise lines- so I have an idea of service, facilities, and features on the various companies. This was my second cruise on RC (my first was on the Monarch of the Sea). Given my fabulous experience on Monarch of the Sea, I was truly looking forward to this cruise. Sadly, I am disappointed. My next cruise will be a Carnival (for a quick get-a-way). Upon arrival we were not notified that the boat was recovering from an outbreak of Noroviris. Our staterooms were decontaminated- the only delay was we were not able to enter our statements immediately (however, no one was discussing the cause...instead we were left to wait with no answers). Once the staterooms were cleared, naturally we went there. The rooms were not ready (I had to request toilet paper). Still no reason was provided, so we were left wondering. After having to request many additional basic staples of a cabin room, we were STILL not informed of the cause. We just received "we will get that for you right away". It wasn't until day three that a crew member informed us of the problem- and that was AFTER we stated we wouldn't choose Enchantment of the Sea again. Where is the communication? Had I been notified of the delay, I would have felt better. Knowing that appropriate steps were being taken to secure my health, I would have been extremely patient. Instead, nothing. The food on the cruise was a disappointment. Was it tasty? No. Was there much of a variety? No. Was there food available after traditional "dinner"? Barely. For example, there was a dance party at 11:30 p.m. on the pool deck. Obviously this is adult party with drinking- the staff began to set up a food area. Food served? Chips and salsa & chicken wings (and they ran out of chicken wings). At 1:00 a.m. a small cafe served pizza- my husband was served two small slices- and that was all he was alloted. The solarium pool deck is beautiful. It was was cozy & warm (the outside wind was chilly so this room was busy). We asked if the pool was heated- response: "No, the manager doesn't run the pool heaters." None-the-less, the room remained busy. Were there waiters to assist with drink orders? No. There was one bar with two bartenders (who did a great job) but they closed at 7:00 p.m. We were directed to the main pool area (remember, it was CHILLY outside...there were no additional options). Surprising things I learned: 1. If a patron orders one drink, the patron must wait a minimum of five minutes for a new request. 2. If a husband orders one drink for himself and orders a second for his wife (both members have the same last name on the sea pass AND both members have a pre-paid drink package), the drink cannot be made unless the crew member physically sees the spouse. Not a huge deal, but when the missing spouse is in the jacuzzi and there is NO wait staff taking orders, it reduces the "fun" and "relaxation" of the cruise. 3. If the crew feels a patron has had too much to drink, the patron is "cut off"- for 12 hours. (That didn't happen to us, but we watched it occur.) 4. If a patron visits the spa- there is an 18% added gratuity. (I thought we paid gratuities in full before we boarded the boat?). 5. While at Coco Cay, there is no wait staff. Don't get too settled while relaxing in the sun!

Not what I expected

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by kheebs

• Sail Date: February 2015
  • Destination: Bahamas
Surprising things I learned:

kheebs’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas price drops

Basic. The room does not come with robes, but are available upon request. Towels: two per day (more available upon request)Blankets: no- available upon request VERY BASIC ROOM
  Enchantment of the Seas Deck Plans