3. Grandeur of the Seas
It is an easy trip for us to sail from Baltimore. This is the second time from this port and first time on RCI. We were meeting 2 other couples on board. It went smoothly enough. My only wish is that there was some place to sit and wait for the other parties so we could give them a hand with the boarding process. At age 67 and 77 we were the youngest of our group! We applied for a refund of $15 from the port authority due to our returning a day early and it was approved. Due to an outbreak of norovirus onboard, which started about the third day at sea, many activities were curtailed, cancelled or disrupted. We wound up skipping our last port of call, Labadee Haiti, and headed directly home from Jamaica, arriving back in Baltimore a day early. I think there were several serious medical cases on board. Luckily, none of our party got sick on the ship, thanks to the due diligence of the sanitation crew. Food was very good (not excellent) and our stateroom attendant was impeccable. Disappointing that we could not serve ourselves from the buffet at the Windjammer, but we understand, given the situation. Crowds there were heavy and the older folks struggled. We tried to eat all meals at the Gatsby but it was closed at times, probably disinfecting. Movies were OK, most of them we had already seen. One show in particular, we really enjoyed: Kelly McDonald's standup comic routine left us in stitches! Piano bar with Anthony Michael was also entertaining but apparently not to most people, as it remained less attended than other events. Another disappointment was the cancellation of the aerial act in the centrum. Something to due with malfunctioning equipment, but it was never fixed! Why doesn't RCI allow pre-ordering liqueur in the stateroom, like other lines? We were allowed to bring the usual 2 bottles of wine aboard and were pleased that no corkage fee was charged when we brought an open bottle with us to dinner. This could have been a great cruise had it not been for the illness onboard. I feel we should have received more compensation than was provided.

Disappointing

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by newcruiser1313

newcruiser1313’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

Bathroom remodeled and very clean. Great hot shower. Weak flow in the hand basin, though. Plenty of room for 2 and we did bring a lot of luggage. First thing I did was put the snacks and drinks on the tray behind one of the mirrored vanity corner shelves. This freed up room on the surface of the vanity. I also brought a hanging shoe caddy, which I hook on the bathroom door and use for all sorts of small items and toiletries that tend to get misplaced. Stateroom attendant Humberto was attentive, efficient and unobtrusive. Room was quiet. I never did find anyone who could get my iPod to play through the TV's USB port. I could play my videos, but not any music. DH thought this room was small by his standards, but I found it OK. We usually get a balcony, but wanted to be near our friends.
  Grandeur of the Seas Deck Plans