3. Freedom of the Seas
We went on Freedom of the Seas for my 40th Birthday this November(2014). I had my two boys with us (age 8 and 10) this year and was extremely excited. Now, we may have been spoiled by Disney Cruises, but Royal Caribbean just was not up to the standards I expected of them. -First was the toilets backed up in some rooms on our floor. Our room happened to be one. Fortunately we were in the room to try and stop the water from coming into the room. It was very disgusting because my husband had to scoop water(toilet water) with a trash can and dumb it down the shower drain as quickly as possible to stop the water from coming in the room. We called customer service 3 times before the water was shut off----15-20 minutes later. Needless to say my husband had a sore back and was exposed to who knows what. I can only imagine what the other rooms encountered. We were left with no apology from the manager and pretty much the crew acted like it was no big deal. We complained a couple of times to the customer service about the ridiculousness of it and after the 4th time, a maintenance manager finally came by to offer apologies and a 100.00 credit. Big Whoopee -The crew: While there were some crew members we adored( our room attendant, the greeter at Jade, and others) the deck lady was not one of them. Yes, I understand you can not "save seats" on the pool deck. BUT when I am sitting in a chair, have my things in another chair, and clearly show you that my children who are using the chairs are swimming in the pool, you harassing me that you will have to remove my items if they do not come back and sit in the chairs in the next few minutes, is not a very relaxing time. Rude and annoying is all I will say. -Family. The kid areas were pretty dull compared to other ships. My children wanted to stay in the kid area the whole cruise on OTHER cruise ships, but they Never wanted to go to the kids area here. They didn't really have any great activities for their age group. The staff was very nice though. They also didn't do that many family activities. None at the pool, except for a couple of movies, that were ditched for a unscheduled football game. I loved waiting for a hour to watch the movie that never came on. They did this for the following movie too---a announcement would have been nice. The kids water area was closed several days on board too and they didn't utilize the 3D movie screen. They had one movie pretty much the whole time we were at sea. I was not thrilled at all with this ship. I can 100% say I will NOT be going back on this ship again. I hope other Royal Caribbean ships have better standards. I was so disappointed.

Terrible Customer Service and not a great Family Friendly Ship

Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by cternes1

cternes1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas price drops

Beside the incident with the toilet over flowing, the cabin itself was very nice. There are no pull down bunks, the sofa folds out to a double bed for guests 3-4, so be aware if you have larger children/older children. They will have to share this to sleep. It was comfortable. The main bed is a king bed and very comfortable. The closet space is very good and the room itself is was very nice. Negatives are there are not many outlets. We brought a expansion which you could plug in for phones and act as another outlet. THEY DO NOT Work, the reason is because the outlets on the dresser are turned to the side instead of being up and down as a typical outlet, so the expansion will not fit on these outlets. That is my only negative about the room.
  Freedom of the Seas Deck Plans