3. Carnival Victory
Out of all of the cruise ships I have been on, the Carnival Victory is my favorite by far! My husband and I have sailed on the Disney Wonder, the Carnival Sensation, and the Norwegian Sky multiple times. However, this time we had an extra day to spend on vacation, so we decided to try something new! I'm so glad we did! We had the best cruise of our lives! General - The Victory is a great size! We were cruising on a holiday weekend so it was pretty booked, but we never felt overcrowded. Oh, and the Serenity area for adults is such a blessing. Every night my husband and I got in the hot tubs or sat in the cozy chairs there. It was romantic and relaxing. Perfect for us on our anniversary. Activities - The ship had tons of activities to keep you entertained. My husband and I did Bingo, a comedy show, a revue show, battle of the sexes, gameshow mania, and the love and marriage show. Each one was a blast! The hosts were all hilarious and did a good job of relaxing everyone. We also participated in one of the deck parties. My husband is usually an introvert, but I got him out there dancing and we had a great time! We both felt like we were in a safe and fun environment where we could cut loose a bit! Ports and Excursions - We stopped in Key West, FL and Cozumel, Mexico during our cruise. Both stops were great! We booked all of our excursions through Carnival so meeting up with our group and heading off to the excursions was super quick and easy. The guides were waiting for us right when we got off the boat. We did the Ghost Tour in Key West and the Snorkeling and Sea Lion Show in Cozumel. Both of them were great values for the money we paid, and they left us plenty of time to explore the ports. Dinning - The food on this cruise was top notch! Everyone always says that Norwegian has the best food and Carnival has the best entertainment. Well that was certainly not the case this time. Carnival won in both departments. The food was delicious and beautifully arranged. Everything we got was yummy! Especially the 24/7 pizza and subs. We had a midnight snack like every night. (Probably why I gained a few pounds when we returned home) Service - The ship is very clean and well-kept. I never saw anything dirty or questionable. The staff is great about picking up empty glasses and cleaning off tables after guests eat. While I'm talking about service, I have to mention our wonderful steward, Roderick! He was so friendly and funny! We were always greeted with a smile and sometimes even a song! All of the crew members seemed to really enjoy their jobs. We never saw anyone who looked grumpy! Summary - All in all this was the best cruise I've ever taken. I have no complaints about the ship, service, or the excursions. I'm booking the exact same cruise next year. I don't think I'll ever cruise with another cruise line again. This ship won me over completely!

Vacation was a Victory

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by kdjudd

kdjudd’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Victory price drops

Porthole
Cabin PT 1209
We stayed in cabin 1209 which is on the Riviera Deck. The location was perfect. It was close to everything (especially when disembarking for excursions) but yet quiet. The room was a decent size and had plenty of counter space to get ready in the morning. Our port holes allowed us to see some sun and to check the weather in morning before we went out. They were definitely worth the few extra dollars per day! I have no complaints about our cabin at all. (In fact, I already have booked the exact same one for next year)
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Chankanaab National Park Tour
    This was such a great excursion! The guides were friendly, the meet up location was convenient, and you get such an amazing deal! The park it takes place at is gorgeous and very well maintained. I can't imagine finding a better beach in all of Cozumel. I'm so glad we picked this excursion.You start off the excursion by spending about an hour snorkeling. The water was clear and there were so many fish to see! The best part was how close they all got. None of them were scared of us. They swam all around us and you could reach out your hand and touch them if you wanted too! There were even Mayan ruins underwater and a few Spanish canons. That was the icing on the cake!After snorkeling you have a bit of free time to spend on the beach, grabbing a snack, or getting ready for the rest of the tour. Then you all meet back up for the Sea Lion show. Although the show is pretty short it was a lot of fun. The sea lions get up close and personal with the audience. I got so many wonderful pictures!After the show there is a quick tour of the replica Mayan ruins. It was a bit disappointing that they weren't authentic, but it is a great opportunity to learn about the Mayans and to see how they lived. It was very interesting!The final bit of the excursion involves a tequila tasting! I expected a few sips of tequila. However, we tried probably 8 different types! It was a lot of fun and definitely exceeded my expectations.All in all it was a great tour and I would definitely do it again! It was a great way to spend our time in Mexico!
    View All 222 Chankanaab National Park Tour Reviews
  • Bone Island Ghost Tour
    This was an amazing excursion. My husband and I only had a few hours to spend at Key West, so we wanted to do something that would allow us to tour the island, while having a bit of fun. This was perfect for that! Our guide was friendly and the tour was a blast! We got to see some great historical sites and we learned about the haunted history of the island. We even had some time left over after the excursion to shop and eat! I would highly recommend this to everyone!
    View All 3 Bone Island Ghost Tour Reviews