3. Oosterdam
I have just came back from a cruise on the ms Oosterdam with my sisters and we were mortified to say the least, This wasn't our first time cruising but it will be the last with Holland America I had mildew throughout my bath room. The walls were filthy; I had no air conditioning so they gave me a small box fan. The first night of the cruise was so hot that I had to sleep on my balcony, supervisors were notified as when housekeeping came in I was still asleep on the deck furniture. I was told to keep my balcony curtains closed as this would help keep the room cool, I asked them what was the point in me paying for a suite with an ocean view if I had to kep the curtains drawn all of the time. There was gap filler in the bottom of the bath room walls and when I walked out of the bath room I kicked my foot and cut my little toe on the gap filler at the bottom of the shower recess near the bath room door there was more gap filler up the walls that hadn’t been sanded back. The pillows had a dreadful odour of perspiration and dirty hair. The curtain at the balcony door was covered in black grease and the black grease got on my long white pants I sent them off to the laundry but they couldn’t remove the stain so I threw them out, My king bed kept coming apart when I was sleeping on it There was a 2 inch gap from the edge of the mattress and the frame of the base which they covered with a valance so it couldn’t be seen and I ran into it not knowing it was there and badly bruised my lower leg . The sound on my T.V was crackly and of poor quality The sofa lounge was broken. The glass coffee table had four obvious chips in I The water pressure was extremely poor My state room door didn't close properly. My sister staying in room 6115 had bugs /insects and their lava breading in the lights grills in her bathroom and as we were leaving we found more in the living room lights All of these things were reported to the appropriate manager. They could do nothing with the air conditioner or the tv or the bed or the curtain. They did get someone to attempt to fix the mildew but that as a poor attempt. They did fix the gap filler problem. I hope to get some feedback from you as I intend to take this matter further..... They did take $400 of my account and sent me flowers which I thought added to the insult . My sisters and I took this cruise as the beginning of my healing after recently losing my husband of 15 year. He and I had intended to take this cruise and then New Zealand , Antarctica and Alaska my sisters and I decided we would do them with him in our hearts..... .Holland America you wasted my money and shamed yourselves. A waste of my late husband’s life insurance. Shame shame shame. Holland America

Shame Holland America

Oosterdam Cruise Review by kbtwilly

• Sail Date: January 2015
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite
The pillows had a dreadful odour of perspiration and dirty hair.
My king bed kept coming apart when I was sleeping on it
The sound on my T.V was crackly and of poor quality
The sofa lounge was broken.
The glass coffee table had four obvious chips in I
The water pressure was extremely poor
My state room door didn't close properly.
kbtwilly’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Oosterdam price drops

Neptune Deluxe Verandah Suite
Cabin SA 6095
Extremely noisy, children running up and down the corridor, noisy lifts
Rotterdam Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins