Carnival Paradise Cruise Review

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by Jay Sam

• Sail Date: Dec 2014
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

Had just gotten back from the reposition on Splendor San Juan to Miami on 9th of Nov, so wasn't expecting to take another cruise on 4th of Dec. Saw a terrific rate so I booked Paradise. Just a 4 nighter, but have wanted to try out Fantasy class for a while. Heard mixed reviews about Paradise, so wasn't sure what to expect. Never been disappointed on any of the 4 previous Carnival cruises and sure wasn't on this one. I had a marvelous time. I took this as a solo as I did on Splendor. Carnival does a great job putting other solo cruisers at the same table in the dining room. The food and service were great just like on all 4 previous Carnival cruises in the dining room. The omelette bar became a regular treat for me in the morning. Delicious. The pizza bar late night was another gem. Delicious. My room stewards were great, as were the bar staff and all the Carnival staff I met along the way, with that Carnival smile and welcoming attitude. Even the folks that didn't serve me directly such as the staff who were sweeping the floors or cleaning in some fashion were so nice. I tipped several of them along my way, and thanked them for making things so nice for us. The ship is a bit dated, granted, but I like nostalgia. The atrium was beautiful; colorful and bright. I liked the ship theme on Paradise. Even the frosted glass sketch of the ocean liner with the subtle light behind it in my cabin was a very nice touch. My oceanview cabin was spacious, especially for a solo traveler. The only thing on the cabin front was it was a bit of a challenge to get to the window with the table and bed blocking the way. I just climbed up on the bed and looked out No biggie, I was usually on deck most of my waking hours. I really liked the ship. It seemed much larger when on board than when I have seen it sailing out of Port Tampa. Another thing I liked; was my cabin was right down the hall from the piano bar in the atrium, the internet area, shore excursion desk and guest services. Quite a unique layout. When Paradise comes out of dry-dock in a few weeks, she will be better than ever. However, I thought Paradise was just fine 2 months ago. Thanks Carnival.

Jay Sam's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View
Cabin 6D E-42

Great location. My suggestion is forward Empress deck near the elevators. Very convenient.

Jay Sam