• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

trvlingsalsman
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jan 2015
Cabin: Ocean View

Having only traveled on one other cruise line for several trips, this was my first experience from someone other than RC.although the staterooms were bigger and had larger bathrooms, the rooms were outdated. This was a smaller ship than what we have been used to but with our limited window of travel, this trip was our only choice. Our stateroom attendant Gregory, did a remarkable job for two people who are a little spoiled in our travels (200 nigts/yr for business). With the ship a little smaller the entertainment was limited but acceptable. The amenities were acceptable again given the size of the ship. What I found to be unacceptable was the seated dinners. The menus were lacking in presentation. I like to see structure showing several courses for the dinner experience. They have grouped everything between "starters" and then main dishes. In the main dish section there are the typical daily specials and then also ones that are offered every night. We tried a few off of both sides of this menu and found NOTHING worth bragging about. In the four nights we were seated the best item had by many at our table was the pumpkin soup. I ordered off the upscale side of a strip steak and it wasn't even something acceptable at a dive bar $10 special.

Since the dinner experience is what we like most in traveling by way of cruise line, we will not be booking another cruise with this company.

The table service was adequate and you may ask if I complained about my steak or another dinner, but realized it wasn't that peticular dish but the level of quality acceptable by the cruise line.

Ocean View

Cabin 6E

Larger than other cruise lines but old. Our attendant Gregory was excellent!

Find a Carnival Paradise Cruise from $219