3. Crown Princess
I sailed as a "solo" because my wife simply isn't interested in large ships (we've sailed together nine times on Silversea, Seabourn, and HAL). The price was right, and so was the length of the cruise---I figured that even if the cruise was terrible I could tolerate it for four nights). Well, the cruise wasn't terrible. In fact, it was pretty good overall and very good in certain areas. The Positives; The embarcation and disembarcation processes went very smootly. For a ship this size, the speed of getting on and off was remarkable. Princess clearly knows what they're doing in terms of organization and passenger flow. The International Cafe became my second home, at least in the early morning. I always wake up early, even on vacation, and it was great to go down to the Cafe at 6:00AM, smell the freshly-baked croissants and muffins, and sit there with a double espresso and chat with the (very friendly) staff and the other early-rising passengers. The staff in general were great, particularly in the restaurants and bars. Sabatini's---the extra-cost Italian restaurant---was well worth the $25 cover charge. Crooner's bar was a perfect, sophisticated before-dinner spot. The $49 (per day) beverage card was worth it for the convenience alone (no reconciling a big bunch of receipts with your final statement), but probably paid off if, like me, you drink martinis, manhattans, bottled water, and espresso. The Negatives: The food in the main dining rooms was nothing to write home about. The buffet was worse. The International Cafe was almost TOO popular: it was impossible to find a place to sit after about 9:00AM. As I said, overall it was pretty good, and I'll probably do a slightly longer cruise next time (and you never know: maybe I might convince my wife to five it a try).

Not a Bad Introduction to Princess

Crown Princess Cruise Review by jimdee3636

• Sail Date: January 2015
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Interior
The Positives;
The staff in general were great, particularly in the restaurants and bars.
Crooner's bar was a perfect, sophisticated before-dinner spot.
The Negatives:
jimdee3636’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IC
A nicely-designed, bright cabin, perfectly adequate for one person for even a long cruise (although pretty tight for two for anything longer than seven days). Very small bathroom, but that's par for the course.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins