Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by Leeannecastro

• Sail Date: Jan 2015
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Family Ocean View Stateroom

The customer service (or lack thereof) was horrendous! Staff members were rude and at any question would say "that's not my job, go find someone else". The was a total lack of accountability. I got the third degree when ordering room service and the woman questioned me on who it was for and how many people. What does it matter??

My son was quarantined for a day for getting sea sick and the medical staff were rude and angry. They must keep these people on board for too long because they all seemed to hate their jobs.

The primary reason we went on this ship was for the kiddie pool. Don't be fooled!! The slide is only open for 4 hours a day and there was a mushroom growing out of the pool edge when we went.

The food was sub par. Not much variety at the Wind Jammer and the dining room food was hit or miss.

To top it all off our power went out completely on our second to last day and stayed that way until we got off. No power, no lights, no AC: horrible! And not one word of apology from Royal Caribbean.

I have sailed on other cruise lines and will never go back to Royal Caribbean.

Leeannecastro's Full Rating Summary

Family Ocean View Stateroom
Cabin FO 8000

Mattresses were filthy, mold in the shower. The power went out during our cruise.

Leeannecastro