3. Carnival Legend
As there is only 2 of us at home and generally 1 friend for XMAS, we decided to getaway instead of trashing the kitchen and eating leftovers for 2 weeks. I am not much of an author so this will be short and sweet, but you will get the idea. We arrived in Sydney early in the morning and could drop our bags off after 8.30 am. That was great as our boarding time was not until 1200. We went back to the wharf at 1145 and the let us through. To get our cards and clear customs took a whole 18 minutes - brilliant. Our cabin was ready 1 hour later, plenty of room, clean and I will highlight why we picked this particular cabin later in the cabin review. The first day was probably the lowlight of the cruise, many of the bar staff were very stony faced and made you feeling uneasy about asking any questions. All except the people serving at the red frog pub. What an incredible team they have. Dining staff were our favourite, they made going to dinner a pure pleasure. Some nights we actually delayed our dining just to get a seat where Sirocco and Magdalena were serving. Any cruise line will have difficulty matching the friendliness, professionalism and general attitude of these people. Only one meal (duck) was a bit dry, but everything else was top quality, no complaints here. Outing were okay, a lot of snorkelling carried out and great marine life to see. Nothing like swimming with a huge turtle, but this cruise was for relaxation so only a few ports and that suited us The shows were amazing. Some of the dancers and musicians were used in a number of the shows and there versatility was astounding. Many nights after the show the entertainers would move to the Red Frog Pub for dancing and playing music. Great times had by all. Drink prices were about on par for cruise lines, some mixed drinks better than others depending which bar you went to, One number off on the $5000 bingo prize, hoe disappointing. Day time activities a little light one, but suited our agenda. One point I need to make is about this children, and no I am not against children on cruises, in fact it is good to see them having fun. But when I am up late at night and see groups of 8 to 13 years old girls and boys sitting on the floors outside of elevators, I get very concerned. And in no way I totally blame the cruise line for this although I feel they should make more of an issue of it. I do however fail to understand how a parent isn't concerned when there daughter is not in there cabin at 2 am on a cruise ship filled with people they don't know. Could imagine what a fuss they would make if something happened the there child. Just look for someone else to blame I guess. Overall, loved the cruise and would not hesitate to sail with Carnival again

What a way to spend XMAS

Carnival Legend Cruise Review by Markwa

• Sail Date: December 2014
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Extended Balcony
Overall, loved the cruise and would not hesitate to sail with Carnival again
Markwa’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Legend price drops

Extended Balcony
Cabin 8K 7258
Normal extended balcony cabin except for one small difference. A 28 FOOT BALCONY WOWWWWW.Due to its position on the ship the balcony is massive and this room cost no extra than the one next door with the 7 ft balcony.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins