Quantum of the Seas Cruise Review by penguinfrog
- Sail Date: January 2015
- Destination: Southern Caribbean
-The ship is beautiful, the staff was friendly and helpful, the fellow-cruisers were friendly and polite.
-Embarkation and self-assist disembarkation was wonderful. The new Cape Liberty terminal is great.
-The stateroom (D2) was the best designed cabin we ever experienced in our 15 cruise history. More than sufficient storage space, great shower, night light in the bathroom. The designer should be congratulated.
-The warm cookie station in the Windjammer was a stroke of genius.
-Momma Mia was incredible. Star water and Sonic Odyssey- good; more "performance art" than production show. The 3 guest performers were from good to great. But 6 shows for a 12 night cruise is insufficient evening entertainment. Music through out the ship was held in the evening, mostly in bar venues. Little to no music during the day. The only time we were able to listen to steel-drum music during the day was when we docked next to the Celebrity Summit. There was no Welcome Aboard show to stir up excitement of what would be coming your way during the voyage.
- Communication was lacking. For example if you didn't watch the morning show the day we arrived in Labadee you did not know that the WOW bands did not work on the island. We saw a lot of passengers sent back to their cabin to get their Sea pass card. The Cruise Compass needs to supply a little more information. Since there aren't shows each evening you don't get a nice rundown from the Cruise Director staff on what's happening the next day.
-Interesting note: the ship did not change to Atlantic Time but stayed on Eastern Time the whole cruise. that has its plus and minuses. As long as you can remember ship time and island time you are fine. I thought it was a plus as I always disliked the time change.
-Sea Plex is a great. Bumper cars were fun. Pingpong and Foos ball were fun to play. I-Fly was great. North Star was nice but not the WOW I expected. Activities during the day were minimal. There were no guest speakers. If you couldn't entertain yourself you would be very bored.
- Dynamic Dining was not a positive experience. It was difficult to obtain early reservations. Times available were usually around 9:00. Went to Chic. Silk, American Icon enjoyed all 3 but the introduction of Ipad technology to replace staff was not working. The staff was doing the best they could with the amount of staff they were allotted. The SeaPlex Dog house was tasty. Café@two70, Café Promenade, Sorrentos were good. The Windjammer even though it was packed very night due to reservations not being available for the other restaurants was very good. The staff worked hard to serve the passengers.
- Overall we did have a good time but this cruise did not supply all the activities that cruising is known for. Cruising to me has always been once you are on the ship you don't have any big decisions to make; just enjoy. Trying to coordinate dining reservations with show time was not relaxing. The WOW experience was not there. Royal IQ was more a hindrance than a help.
We had intended to book the Anthem while on the cruise but we are going to wait and see what changes are implemented. The cruise was not a good value,
- Read more Royal Caribbean Quantum of the Seas Reviews
- Read Cruise Critic's Royal Caribbean Quantum of the Seas Review
250,000+ people have entered their email