3. Quantum of the Seas
Pre Cruise: Stayed at Hyatt Regency and it is a lovely hotel and if the weather is nice there are great eateries along the way and a grocery store about a ¾ of a mile away. In the cold it was a long walk. But I was able to get my two bottles of wine! Embarkation: Our check in time was 1:15 to 1:45. The trip into the pier area took a long time. Traffic did not flow at all. It took us a half hour once we got to the pier to get to the drop of point. Once out of the vehicle my husband had to hunt down a worker to get our luggage tagged for boarding. We then went into the building and immediately went through security. After security we went to the suite line and waited to be checked in. The floating workers to check you in had people waiting three deep. It took us 3 minutes of waiting and someone was ready for us. We checked in and went to get on the ship. All in all after being dropped off it was a total of 20 minutes to get on the ship. Not bad. Room: We had a Spa Jr. Suite. I liked the room with the two bathrooms. Let me make it clear though, one bathroom is a shower, sink and tub (the tub is hard to get in and out of), the second bathroom is a typical half-bath (sink, toilet). With that said the hard part is going from room to room as you are trying to shower and then use the rest room. Women will understand this better than men I think. Storage was good, but I do miss the walk in closet. I do not like the desk area where women have to do their hair and put on make-up. There are no drawers to put your make-up or hair brush or the blow dryer. You have to go into the cabinet next to the desk and move the stuff over or leave it out and then it looks untidy. All in all the room was okay. The balcony was larger than most other ships with comfy chairs and foot stools. Dynamic Dining: I was hesitant about DD but ended up enjoying it. I was worried about not meeting new people on the cruise and found out that the connections I made through cruise critic were the connections I saw many times throughout the trip. I also met wonderful new friends at the concierge lounge and diamond lounge. American Icon – I had heard bad reviews for this restaurant and our friends and I were ready to ditch it. Then we went. If you like American Food you will like American Icon. Brought a taste of home on the cruise, being from Nebraska, I tried the Nebraska Short Rib. That was the best meal I had for most of my meals. Silk – I like Asian Food and had no issues with Silk (I did hear they did away with the Crab Rangoon which makes me sad-it was very good.) The Grande – I love to dress up so I was going to enjoy Grande. I did enjoy the roasted ribeye and our friends enjoyed the lobster. The second visit I thought I would try their pasta and was disappointed in it. Very pasty and not creamy as it should be, but all in all I enjoyed the atmosphere. Chic – I will have to say this was the least favorite of the restaurants. Twice I had to have my crispy chicken taken back it was cold and with a glaze on it that turns into syrup when cold it was not that appetizing. The second time I went there I enjoyed it a bit more. Coastal Kitchen –Dinner was okay at Coastal Kitchen but breakfast was great! Windjammer – I do have to admit they make lunch very nice with the back patio sitting area. Café 270 – Loved the salads and roast beef sandwiches this was our favorite venue for lunch. Windjammer - The food was typical Windjammer. For our paid venues: Michaels Pub – Loved the pork sliders and chips. Chops – Service was below par. The waiter we had instead of serving us our dessert which he brought over to the serving tray and left there as he went to the other tables he had been taking care of and checked all the receipts to see if he got extra tips. We actually watched him do this. He then served a (suppose) to be warm lava molten chocolate cake and other desserts to us. He also dropped a knife down our friends back and all the goo on the knife went down his shirt. The manager came over and said they would send a coupon for a free cleaning to our friend’s room and would call to confirm, we took her word for it. No one called, so our friends ended up calling them towards the end of the cruise. Food wise it was very good and we enjoyed our steaks. Jamie’s – What can I say about perfection? Rizzario (sorry for any misspells) was the best of the best waiters. The food was so good that the entire table overate. We booked it again even though we are usually adamant about not spending more money. Casino: Hmmm this casino took my money faster than any other casino I ever played at. The bartender there I am sorry I don’t know her name was spectacular. She did everything with a smile and a kind word to everyone. It was too smoky and my clothes reeked of cigarette smoke so I am glad the casino took my money so fast! Shows: The First guest entertainer was a ventriloquist and since I do not like that venue I skipped. The second guest entertainer was a singer and his entourage. Very good show with very good music, and wonderful stories and quips between songs. The third guest entertainer was a group called Mo5aic. Fantastic group enjoyed their performance. The comedian was great – most entertainers use way too much profanity in my opinion and he did not which let me enjoy his show all the more. I did not go to his adult comedy show because I felt it would have been a let-down if more profanity was used. Again, this is my opinion. Starwater was so boring in the beginning I could not get over it and enjoy the rest of the show. I hate to say it but I fell asleep. Others may enjoy. Sonic Odyssey I enjoyed, I loved the harp and drum playing. Unfortunately I missed Mamma Mia due to not feeling well. Robotic show in 270 was very nice the robotic bartender unfortunately was broke down most of the time so I couldn’t see them perform. Disembarkation: Easy as can be to get off the ship. The only disappointment I had was no Valet Luggage and very few porters. The people at the terminal gave us directions and told us what to say to our driver. Overall: The ship is beautiful and had some of the most breath taking views from 270 and the back of the windjammer. Don’t forget to get a picture of yourself on the swing! The elevators are an issue with overcrowding and sometimes they did not stop even when not full. We did enjoy dynamic dining as I stated earlier and we were actually surprised we did. I would cruise on the Quantum again if in Florida or a warmer port of call. Felt I missed too many days of sun because of it being cold and cloudy.

January 11 S Caribbean on the Quantum

Quantum of the Seas Cruise Review by Cam6959

Cam6959’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Quantum of the Seas price drops

I heard the noise levels were bad but other than during the day we were very happy there were not a lot of noises above us. The room was by the elevators so it was easy access to and from the room and to venues.
  Quantum of the Seas Deck Plans