3. Pacific Dawn
I had read some bad reviews on this forum so I was a little apprehensive when finally handing over our hard earned dollars for a 7 night cruise to New Caledonia and Vanuatu from Brisbane. Honestly, i think some people are just hard to please as we had a GREAT time. Even though the weather gods weren't on our side and our shore visit to Port Vila in Vanuatu was cancelled and we went to Mare in New Caledonia instead. I found the Pacific Dawn to be in good shape for a ship that was made in 1991. Our cabin was clean and a good size. We were in 6105, up the front on deck 6. We only ate at the plantation restaurant as we liked the buffet and the meals were included in our fare. We never ate the same lunch or dinner twice and the food quality and variety were great. I would definately sail with p and o again on board the dawn, and we are already planning our next trip in winter this year. To the critics, just remember these cruises are like hotels, you can't expect to pay a 3 star hotel price and have a 5 star experience. To me P and O is like a 3 star hotel. Good value but minus the big perks. If you want a five star experience go sail on Cunard or the like, but for me P and O offers great value for money. Cant wait to get back on board :)

Our first ever cruise

Pacific Dawn Cruise Review by Damozuvo1

Damozuvo1’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Australia Pacific Dawn price drops

Not so good in heavy weather as you are right up the front, but a very spacious room that is nicely appointed