3. Caribbean Princess
This was my first experience cruising and as I type this I am not sure if I will ever venture on another cruise but I am sure it would not be with Princess Caribbean. The ship itself was nice. I was impressed with the size and how, even for the amount of people on the ship, we never found a crowded room. We were upgraded to a fully obstructed view from an IR, however there was a light shining on the life boat outside our window all night long, so while we expected some nice natural light during the day, the artificial light at night really was annoying. That's fine though, we learned to close the shades. I was not prepared for ALL the activities aboard the ship to be geared towards the elderly. All day each day it was bingo, Sudoku, art auctions, karaoke, knitters club, more bingo, trivia, etc. So my DH and I had nothing to do each day but eat, drink, and sit by the pool. Normally that would be fine but the bartenders were overwhelmed at times and downright indifferent other times. The drinks were weak, and I found myself ordering a specialty drink, then ordering a shot to add to it. Both my DH and I got the all inclusive drink package, but we saw people getting lesser packages and getting free gifts (like a travel mug or cup) but there was no free gift for our drink package which I felt was ridiculous. If I'm going to spend the most why cant I have a cup too? SMH. The food was mediocre at best. The burger and pizza places were as expected. The buffet was bland and the menu was not clearly posted. The MDR was slow and stuffy and the food was hit or miss. I was served a fruit compote which was just a few slices of canned peaches, one canned fig, and one slice canned pear. I ordered a lobster bisque that was horrible and another guest at our table ordered the Rum Infused Pina Colada soup which came in a daiquiri glass with a straw and she said it was lukewarm and weird. I was also disappointed in how the shows overlapped with dinner. The only time of the day when we had something to do (go to the MDR, or see the early show) so we had to choose carefully, and being our first cruise, we missed out a lot. Also, the late show overlapped with the night club opening. And since Skywalkers was only open from 10am until about 1am, we learned to sleep in late (cause who cares if we miss bingo?) so that we could try to enjoy ourselves more at night. That being said, we were also upset that EVERYWHERE we went, they were trying to get us to spend more money. Bingo cards would cost us, watch sales, jewelry sales, souvenier sales, etc. etc. crowded the piazza. Art auctions and the casino.

First and last cruise on Princess Caribbean

Caribbean Princess Cruise Review by Sharonfire

Sharonfire’s Full Rating Summary
Get Caribbean Princess price drops

The cabin was nice and bigger than expected. There is a light that shines on the life boat all night so when we took a nap, we ended up sleeping until well into the night by accident thinking it was daylight outside!There is no clock in the room either so you should take an alarm clock.
  Caribbean Princess Deck Plans

• Hell
    This 'post office' is nothing but a gift shop with a sad selection of post cards and souvenir trinkets. The deck over the limestone formations is small and the view limited. One picture and you've basically got it covered. Not worth it IMHO.
  • Island Tour
    This tour was a bus ride around the island. The bus driver took a lot of time showing us things that were not part of the itinerary. While I"m sure some people appreciate the effort it took for the driver to add a few stops, I felt it took precious time away from the places we actually wanted to see. We felt very rushed at each stop and barely had time to snap a few pictures before we had to get back on the bus.
    View All 192 Island Tour Reviews
  • Dolphin Swim
    Loved the dolphin swim. Everyone was nice and the experience was wonderful. The pictures or CD's of the encounter was crazy expensive though. I mean, $50 for a CD?? $15 for ONE picture? C'mon!
    View All 19 Dolphin Swim Reviews
  • Dunn's River Falls
    We have been to the falls before and knew what to expect. I feel the shops afterwards are very pushy and they all sell the same thing. And you cant exit without going through the market. So you have to actually be rude because they are so pushy. Don't linger to look at anything or they pounce on you. I would have spent money there if they would just leave me alone and let me browse!The falls themselves are beautiful.
    View All 258 Dunn's River Falls Reviews