3. Adventure of the Seas
This was our first ever cruise. My husband, myself and my two boys, aged 11 and 8 had a good experience. I would rate it a 7 out of 10 overall. We travelled 12 hrs to Puerto Rico, and the kids were great. As we were told by many seasoned cruisers, we immediately checked in and went to register the kids for the Kids' Club. Then we tried to get something to eat. Unfortunately, everything was closing for the muster drill and we had to wait even longer to get anything. It was very frustrating as it was a solid hour before the drill and we were tired and hungry. On the Kid's Club...we registered the kids immediately upon our arrival, returned for the evening 'Open House', and still got no information on how/when/where the activities run. When my hubby went to drop the kids the following day, he was told they were 'closed'...??? We had an interior cabin, which worked well for the four of us. There were a couple of minor issues with the room as a result of the age of the ship, and general wear-and-tear. We had a crewman come look at the problems which included a broken hinge on the door cabinet on the fridge, the fridge wasn't cool, and some issues with the drawers not functioning properly. The housekeeping was good and Lyn was very kind but the bathroom was never really 'fresh smelling', which was a little disappointing. Our waiter at the dinner table was a big disappointment. I have to say I found his demeanor slightly offensive. He was oppinionated about what we chose to order for dinner, and seemed not overly interested in our needs. He then explained how he would like us to give him a perfect review, and the following evening at dinner, he was absent most of the time. There were a few empty tables in his area, but I was continually looking for him. He wasn't around. We sat with empty plates in front of us for about 10 minutes, with no one in sight to clear them. He really didn't seem to care at all about our dining experience! The a la carte offered very good food, the buffet was so-so. The fruit was awful (some canned-believe it or not!) but there was lots of food selection. On our final night, the only evening we used the kid's club, my hsuband and I went into the upper lounge with drinks, intending to maybe order another. We were there for about 15 minutes, and no one came to offer us a refill. There was only one other group in the lounge at the time, and they got refills...???? Because of these issues, and maybe because my expectations were high, since we've had SO many people rave about RC, I must say I was a little disappointed in the service/experience we had. The boys absolutely LOVED it, shore excursions included, and look forward to cruising again. As for me anf my husband, we were ready to get off and it'll be a while before we cruise again. Btw, none of us experienced any seasickness, so that doesn't factor in my review at all. Good cruise, yes. Great, no.

Rookie Criuse

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by crazycruiser71

crazycruiser71’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

The room was well kept, to the credit of Lyn. There were a couple of small maintenace issues with the cabinetry and the fridge didn't stay cold. As well, our bathroom consistently smelled of urine. My boys are old enough that I can't say I would contribute it to them.
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans