3. Carnival Miracle
I was VERY worried after booking our cruise. I read many scathing reviews of Carnival Miracle. Prior to departing my mother-in-law (a seasoned cruiser) told me "you will only have as much fun as you want to have." Truer words were never spoken. I saw people on the ship complaining about ridiculous things. The truth is that it wasn't 100% perfect, but it was absolutely amazing. It was worth every penny and we are already planning our next Carnival vacation. We had ages ranging from 2-35 and a group of 8 people. We all had a great time. There was truly something for everyone. The food was great. There were a couple of dishes in the whole 7 days that I didn't like. If you starve on this trip (as some have claimed) you are too picky! My 2 year old is THE pickiest eater on the planet, and he never went hungry. They really cater to every taste. If you don't like what's for dinner in the formal dining room than check out one of the many buffets! The buffet and main dining room were outstanding. The service was incredible. Our room steward, Gusti, did a fantastic job. I also would highly recommend checking out the shows in the Phantom Theater. They were the highlights of most of our evenings. We also enjoyed the trivia, deck dance party, fun shops, pools/hot tubs, and mini golf. If you can afford it, a room with a private balcony is really worth the money you'll spend.

Amazing Family and Friends Vacation

Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Dani2015

• Sail Date: January 2015
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Balcony (obstructed views)
Dani2015’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3
Ages 3 to 6
Get Carnival Miracle price drops

Balcony (obstructed views)
Cabin 7A 5234
If you can afford a room with a balcony, I would highly recommend it. It was worth the extra money. Also we were on Deck 5 I think. It was helpful to be lower in the ship on days/nights when it was rocky.
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Cabo San Lucas
    If you are new to cruising, and haven't booked an excursion for Cabo make sure you read about tenders in the Fun Ship Times that get delivered to your room the night before. We didn't realize you needed a ticket until just before we stopped in port, and so our time in Cabo was quite short. It seemed to be a safe place, and we walked along the boardwalk all the way to the beach with no problems. Locals were helpful and friendly. If I went back again I might rent a water taxi and go to a nicer, cleaner beach.
    View All 1,316 Cabo San Lucas Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cabo San Lucas Cruise Port Review
  • City Tour
    The Mazatlan Van Man Tour was AMAZING! Our driver was Ricardo. He was knowledgeable, respectful, and helpful. We booked this tour just before entering the terminal. The price was lower than what they offered on the ship for a tour that was twice as long. He took us through the highlights of the city, a beach resort, and finally to do some shopping. I would 100% recommend this tour and if we go back to Mazatlan we will definitely book with the same company and request Ricardo again!
    View All 49 City Tour Reviews
  • Puerto Vallarta
    We took a taxi ($15 for four ppl) to the Malecon or boardwalk. Puerto Vallarta is a very beautiful and pleasant city. There are not as many vendors here if you walk on the side of the boardwalk close to the water. We stopped at a beachfront restaurant called "Langostino's". It had great food, cold beer, good service, and it was clean. Our children played in the sand and water not far from our table. We stayed for a few hours, and did not feel rushed by the staff. They recommend "Si Senor" restaurant on the ship. It did look nice, but too pricey for us. When we were done eating we strolled back along the side of the boardwalk with shops. If you don't want to buy things a simple "no, gracias" or "no, thank you" will suffice. We made a few purchases including a tamarind liquor which is hard to find back home. We took a taxi back when we reached the end of the Malecon. I would highly recommend exploring Puerto Vallarta, it was the most beautiful port we stopped in.
    View All 963 Puerto Vallarta Cruise Port Reviews