• Newsletter

2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Dec 2014
Cabin: Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

This was a very disappointing cruise in many ways. I slept on a lounge then finally slept in a real bed on the 8th night. My booked room was deck 8 external and my new room was deck 2 internal. What a HUGE disappointment. The configuration of the room booked wasn't what we got, so once moved I wasn't with my family. The stench of raw sewerage as you leave the Edelweiss on levels 4 and 5 was disgusting. Many people had mentioned it to me as well. Def a health issue there. Kids in the 'adults only' pool area was a let down. More security needed. Food in the Windjammer was the same EVERYDAY...another disappointment. Some of the staff were rude, the best were Victor, Hurrie and Rolly were fantastic in the Edelweiss Restaurant. I have been on other cruises and the entertainment on this one (other than NYE was pathetic) Patrick McMahon was awesome, but that sums it up for worthwhile entertainers. Losing money with the conversion rate was bad enough but to have to put up with this less than ideal cruise was a massive let down. I wouldn't recommend this ship to anyone. Not sure what RC is like on other ships.. It is one thing to lose money but I hoped that would make up for it in the overall cruise. Sadly not to be.

Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

Cabin D1

Didn't have a proper bed for 8 nights as the configuration of our cabin was incorrect. Cabin booked was on deck 8 external....just to get a bed I was given an internal room on Deck 2. What a letdown. I was away from my family then...$7,500 for one cabin and didn't even have a proper bed. Very very poor customer service. I have sent an email once I got back home and after 14 days, still no reply. NO GOOD ENOUGH RC.

1 Helpful Vote