3. Adventure of the Seas
I was originally excited to try Royal Caribbean again as it has been about 6 years since I sailed Royal. I remember the food being spectacular and the shows fun. This time was a huge disappointment! Let me start from the beginning. We arrived in San Juan (a party of 6) the day prior and stayed at the Sheraton Puerto Rico. This was a nice hotel and you can practically walk to the port it is so close! Embarkation was a breeze and we were on the ship within 30 minutes of arrival. Cabins were ready by 2pm so we didnt have to wait long to go to our cabin. Our cabin steward Jove was AWESOME! So friendly and the room was always refreshed. I was a little nervous about some comments about the cleanliness of the ship but I found it to be very clean and while some furniture looked a little worn it was more than acceptable. If fact, we all felt that the beds were extremely comfortable and my back is very finicky! The cruise itself was disappointing. The shows were non-existent. There were no production shows and the evening's entertainment was no better than what we were getting in any of the lounges. The ice skating show was nice but they repeated that during the cruise. The casino, however, was paying off like crazy! Many of our group came out ahead for the week! I would say that at least 3/4 of the passengers were Spanish speaking guests. Nothing against that but I wasn't prepared for almost all activities to be in Spanish only (including trivia). There were a few in English but if the majority of the people at the activity were Spanish speaking the event was in Spanish with some translations thrown in. The Activities staff did not impress me...with the exception of 1 staff member. Her name was Xixi. She was just adorable and did trivia a few times. So very nice and was clearly having the time of her life! Even the Love and Marriage game show was separated into Spanish speaking and English speaking shows. The English speaking show probably only had 80 people in whole theatre. The interesting thing was the majority of people on the cruise were a group of girls celebrating their Quincinera so it was neat to see the girls all dressed up in the pretty gowns. The food was not impressive. Very bland and even the Windjammer was the same food repeated throughout the cruise. Our waiter Mehmet was awesome! Again he did the best he could and accommodated our needs (we had several with food allergies) like a champ! The bar service was a joke! I went to the Duck and Dog and ordered a Vodka/Cranberry and had to wait because they didn't have any cranberry juice. What bar doesn't keep cranberry juice? Also tried ordering one of their signature drinks, the Toasted Cherry Sangria, when they brought it out they said they were out of cherries so they muddled strawberries and mixed it with Toasted Cherry Vodka...yuck! Tasted like cough syrup! The ports were nice (St. Kitts, St. Thomas, Curacao and Aruba) but some of the excursions were very rushed. The best excursion was in St. Kitts to the plantation and Rum tasting! Very nice and informative! Embarkation was another cluster! Had to wait 45 minutes - 1 hour delay in calling numbers as they had too many people on the gangway. It took forever! All in all...I don't think I will be sailing Royal again for some time. I will stick with Princess and Disney.

Definitely A Mixed Bag

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by SailorSmic

SailorSmic’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

The room was nice, if not on the small side. The furniture was definitely showing wear but everything was very clean. The biggest con was this room was ajoining another cabin (with someone not in our group) so we only got a small chair instead of a couch like others in our party got. Plus the walls were super thin and we could hear the children in the cabin next door crying and screaming at all hours.
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans