3. Norwegian Breakaway
This ship is magnificent but it is trying to be All things to All People and there is the inevitable clash. On my previous cruises...various lines ... there is Smoking area's set aside and they are isolated from the majority non-smokers. On Breakaway there is NO ESCAPING the second hand smoke and there are many area's you will want to enjoy but smokers dominate...i.e. the Waterfront where bars and restaurants open onto a fabulous sort of string of patio's on Port and Starbord....some off restaurants and others off bars. The problem all these wonderful outdoor dining and drinking areas are taken over by smokers. The Casino is smoke filled and the air stinks just walking through so non-smokers are foolish to sit and breath in all the second hand smoke. The main pool area is divided Port side...smoking sun beds and sit up bar...Starbord is non-smoking and bar but the wind blows all the stink across to the non-smoking side. The Fire Island Bar 16 aft is a quiet relaxing area with a fabulous bar but it is totally Smoking and people sit and chain smoke all day and night. Non-smokers are basically loosing the use of all these area and its like 1960 again. Add to this the fact that half of the main pool deck is targeting children with wonderful specialty pools and adventure climbing things so its sort of no place the majority seniors want to be. Even at the adult pool, in spite of signs on hot tube saying adults only on the Starbord side, erogant parents have their kids in the hot tubs for hours at a time. Trying to target, Seniors, Young Lovers, Singles, Smokers, Non-smokers, and Children does mean each target catagory gets sections of the ship to enjoy. For seniors there is less places to go than on a cruise ship half the size. The staff is wonderful but must work in all this second hand smoke, Children are constantly exposed to second hand smoke. The restaurants are amazing as is the food, Rock of Ages is not really for seniors and is the loudest noise amplified even louder and it made my hearing air BUZZ so I had to leave. The Cirque is great but theatre has poor sight lines and only the people at the front end of the tables can really see. I was second set and could see only bits of the show trying to look around the one guy between and the stage. Seating needs to be re-designed with sight lines in mind for everyone (extra fee) The Buffet is fabulous and generous, The Burn the Floor show is wonderful but endlessly repeats including on the dance floor of the Manhattan Supper Club where only the first row of tables can see anything. My stateroom was certainly all I needed, my room attendant was amazing and earned an extra big tip. All staff on board were fabulouse except in the Spa which was totally empty both times I tried to get a hair cut and both times they wanted me to come four or five hours later even though they were open and doing nothing. Cruise director seemed nice but circulated in a small select group and I didn't see her more than once for a minute or two. Port of the Caribbean need a rething as they are so boring and if your not on a tour the town are identical stuff except for Castries which is a run down veg market which has not changes in decades. So many people trying to get off for tours was often a long and tedious line...staff were good but they have exits forward and aft but only opened the forward exit instead of dividing the flow and reducing the crowding. Ports need to get their act together if they want thousands of shoppers to spend money....the need a marketing team to give them some variation and appeal. I am Latitude Platinum and was treated wonderfully and the little pers were nice except Priority Disembarkation. Our luggage went off first at New York, we got off first, but could only stand and look at our luggage while all the rest of the luggage was sorted...I stood for an hour while my feet swell. No priority at all....put the luggage near the Customes and away from the off-loading so we don't have to wait while the toe-moters are in operation....some thought would help and make Priority a....Priority. Enjoyed what I was able to access but missed much of the ships amenities. Smaller ships for me from now on.

TOO BIG...TOO MANY TARGET MARKETS

DIDISEVEN’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BC 9910
Travelling alone my cabin was all I needed...but it had a couch that becomes a bed and it was not comfortable for sitting and watching TV and there were no chairs...there was a sort of stool that doubled as a coffee table. Bathroom was all you could need with lots of shelf space for stuff. Wi-Fi in room...great...Balcony for two...small but all I needed. Would hold up to four passengers with a closet that was full with my clothing so I have no idea how four would manage. Endless repeating T.V. films and shows...every news chanel so they could spend a few bucks on some more D.V.D's.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins