3. Navigator of the Seas
The Navigator worked well for my wife and I. We arrived early at the main entrance of the terminal and were provided two wheelchairs as soon as debarkation from the previous cruise was complete. Check-in and boarding were effortless; they brought us to deck 11 for lunch as we were early and cabin was not ready. After lunch we went up to deck 14 (Cosmopolitan Lounge) and watched the football playoffs with a packed crowd of fellow cruisers. When we got to our cabin our rented mobility scooters were there, fully charged. We rented from CareVacations.com, one of the two companies referred by Royal Caribbean. There was plenty of room in our accessible cabin (7600). The scooters were life-savers as the ship is large and we could not walk from one end to the other without a lot of pain (arthritis, bad knees, back). There was also room in the elevators for both scooters plus 4-6 standing passengers. We just needed to be careful backing out. The scooters were no problem at the ports. We used the normal ramp. And the port where tenders were used also posed no difficulty--I rode the scooter right onto the tender. The big disappointment was inability to do most of the excursions unless we wanted to leave the scooters behind. There was not a lot of transportation that had room for scooters. The Score Access department at RCCL was helpful but all they could do was contact their excursion partner and ask if transport was possible. We later learned that the ship's shore excursion desk had no information about the one excursion that said they could take us-- apparently the Shore Access people don't talk to the folks on the ship. The people on the ship told me that next time I should advise the ship's staff of any arrangements made by the RCCL Shore Access people. Other than that it was a great cruise. Lots of accommodations made for people in wheelchairs and scooters at the shows, dining venues, in bars, everywhere except the casino, which was so packed it was hard to move around. Just as well. Probably spent the money I would have lost on souvenirs and gifts. The food was what you expect when cooking for thousands at once, although the Italian restaurant on deck 11 was outstanding, and some of the entrees at the buffet restaurant were also quite good.

Handicapped cruisers treated well

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by singlechannel

singlechannel’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

This is designated as a handicapped accessible room. It is much larger but is the same price. The extra room is needed for wheelchair and scooter storage. Only 2 electric outlets but they provided a long extension cord for our CPAPs to plug-in at bedside. I brought a couple of multiple-outlet plugs with me and glad of it since at night we were charging two scooters, two phones, an iPad, and running two CPAPs all at the same time. bathroom was great--lots of grab bars, hand-held shower, seat in the shower, etc.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans