• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jan 2015
Cabin:

Background - third cruise ever, first two were on Carnival, this was our first on Princess. Price and OBC was too good to pass up. My boyfriend is 63 and I'm 39 so there's two age groups reviewing here. I knew that Princess was going to be and older crowd and more subdued, THIS IS WHAT I WANTED. I was so stressed out from the holidays, my job, going to college, my family, my dog, you name it, and I just wanted to get away and relax. I knew that Carnival was not going to fit the bill this time.

Hotel - we flew in the night before and stayed at the Extended Stay America on 17th. Very clean room which is all I wanted. We booked a king (Orbitz) and they gave us 2 doubles. Ok. Around the corner from Total Wine & More and Publix so we stocked up on water, diet soda and wine.

Debarkation was a breeze. The only 2 shuttle times left with Extended Stay ($4 pp plus tax) was 10:30 and 1:30. We took 10:30. Stood outside for a few minutes and then we were all let in. We were the first non-preferred (first-time Princess guests) people in line and in the boarding sitting area. Sat for awhile, I forget how long, and then we were onboard, it was before noon.

Cabin D

Paid for a guaranteed obstructed window, got upgraded to unobstructed. Seriously, gut these rooms in the next dry dock! Mold in the sink and tub grout, carpet and shower curtain probably older than I am. Can't utilize nightstand when bed is in king formation. Put bed parallel to the window!

previous reviewnext review