3. Grandeur of the Seas
We went on a Christmas cruise and the ship is old and the entertainment and onboard activities are only OK. I would never go on this ship again as the food was terrible. I almost "lost it" when I saw Caribbean goat curry a selection on the buffet. One dinner entree was so cold that the waiter sent it back after he saw that I could not eat it. I threw up all night after one of the steak dinners that had a bit of a funky taste to begin with. I of course did not finish it. The brisket that I ordered one night was all fat. One taste of that and the bite ended up in my napkin. The waiters were very good and the staff cleaning the stateroom was excellent, otherwise I feel that this ship is not up to the standards that I have had on Royal Caribbean in the past. We are Emerald members of the Crown and Anchor Society, so we have sailed many times on this line. The weather was cool so many people went to the Solarium which is dedicated to adults, but it was too cool on the outside pool so everyone crowded in the Solarium and plunked a towel down. The staff did not remove the towels until late in the day so many chaise chairs were tied up with no one using them all day long. I tried to get a seat many times and asked for help, but was met with stares when I asked the staff for assistance in removing towels that were there for hours with no one in them. It was awful. I know it sounds minor, but it meant that I did not get a chair as the people that did "reserve" one were at chapel, changing clothes or somewhere else for hours and that was their chair when they returned. It was simply not fair and Royal Caribbean did nothing to solve the problem, nor did the staff care. My husband had his 80th birthday and the travel agent informed the staff at RCC. It was never acknowledged. We had a great table so the last night I asked them before we disbanded to wish him a happy birthday. Don't get me wrong, it was not about RCC not giving him another dessert. After 8 nights we knew that there was not one that was even pretty or good as we had tasted them and the only one edible was the ice cream. Just was a disappointment as we had gone on this ship for the holidays and his birthday. The line up for Customs and the departure was terrible. They herded you in one room then had you to sit forever and then paraded you around to another area where the lines were not known to anyone and it was utter chaos. I am a migraineur and to not have pain if I drink a cup of coffee several times a day. I do not think that their coffee has caffeine in it as I got a migraine which was not helped by their coffee. They had a Starbucks on board so I bought coffee which solved the problem, but I am pretty sure that they probably serve only decaf in the dining facilities.

Do not recommend this ship.

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by mtbates

• Sail Date: December 2014
  • Destination: Bahamas

mtbates’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

The bed was lumpy. They put two twins together which was fine, but the body indent was permanently there.
  Grandeur of the Seas Deck Plans