3. Norwegian Breakaway
I've been thinking about writing this review from the first time I saw the boat. It's so beautiful. Inside and out. Arrival: -You actually park on the pier right next to the boat. NOT across the street like I read in some of the reviews. It is $40/day to park. -Whoever is responsible for keeping the sidewalks salted did not do a good job. Be careful. I slipped and fell on the sidewalk on the parking pier. --We arrived and boarded around 2pm. There was a very short line to get our passes, etc. Easy boarding. I recommend that highly. No need to get there so early and then stand in a long line. -Super fun and friendly crew met us as we got on the boat. Because we boarded so late we were able to go straight to our room. Stateroom: --We had a balcony room. Absolutely lovely. SO MUCH STORAGE SPACE!! Those Norwegians know how to create space. There are actually draws under the couch if you need the space. The mini fridge is in a cabinet but was locked for us for some reason. We didn't inquire. Don't know if that's normal or not. But it was nice to have one if needed. -The room is quite spacious. Nice bed. Fun to have a balcony. Although cold, I stood out on the balcony and watched the sun rise. It was so beautiful. Quite a different perspective. -The bathroom was lovely. Again, TONS of storage space. Only negative was the water pressure from the shower. Oh well....at least it was hot when I wanted it to be. -The rooms were fairly quiet. Seemed like you could hear more of what was going on above than in the rooms next door. I brought a fan with me to create a little white noise. I would probably bring earplugs next time too. The boat: -It's beautiful. Everything is lovely. They seem to have tried to create a very social atmosphere. Encouraging the guests to be with each other. Everything seems to center down the middle of the ship. The atrium is where everything is always happening. Like a giant family room. It was usually quite packed so we didn't hang out there very much. --It's loud. That's my biggest CON to the whole trip. I could never find any place that was quiet to just sit and read or talk with my husband. There was always music playing everywhere you went. Coupled with the crowd noises, it was loud. Even in the dining areas. --Neither my husband nor myself are party people so we don't drink or gamble. Seems like the 2 day cruises are for people to have a quick party over the weekend which is a great idea. I think everyone had a great time. -Perhaps I'm a bit of a party-pooper but I just wanted to find a little quiet spot outside of my cabin to enjoy the boat. The food: --Incredible!!! --I thought the food was fantastic. Good gracious! Even the Garden Cafe buffet was amazing. -I don't know what they put in their scrambled eggs but they're so great! Silly huh? --I personally did not feel the food tasted like an Old Country Buffet at all. I thought it was splendid. Entertainment: -We went to the Cirque show on the first night. The 9:15pm show. Great show. -The music is very loud. The talent is truly a class act. I was amazed at what they could do with their bodies. The girl that juggles with her feet was outstanding! Loved that so much. There are a could of fellows that juggle each other...Amazing! And the couple on the rollerskates had me covering my eyes because of how fast they were going. -The food for the show was good but not as good as I would've thought. Good steak, french fries(huh?) broccoli for dinner. Good appetite. A trio of desserts (small) but very good. -All in all--I'm glad we paid the extra money to go to the show. --We chose not to go to Rock of Ages as the description about the language and sex just aren't our thing. -I highly recommend going to an art auction. They're so very interesting. You learn so much. It's a great way to spend some time. --I noticed that outside one of the restaurants across from Headliners there was some board games set out to play if you wanted to. I thought that was nice. Highlight: -Cruising out of Manhattan at night. Wear super warm clothes and go up on the 15th deck and watch as you cruise past Manhattan. It is glorious! It was awe-inspiring. You must do that!!! --It takes about 45 mins from leaving the port to get to the Statue of Liberty. That's really awesome also. --Another 10-15mins and you'll cruise under the Verrazano Bridge. THAT IS COOL!!! Return: -Back in port by 6am. -NCL let's you stay on the boat until 9:30am. You can go have breakfast and just enjoy your last few hours on board. That was the quietest time of the whole trip. :) --Easy to get off. More walking than getting on board. You have to walk all the way to the very back of the building to go through customs and then walk all the way back towards the city to get to your car. I would suggest exiting the boat at the AFT exit vs the front. Less walking. --Bring a rolling suitcase if you can. --Again, very little salt on the icy sidewalks. It was raining when we got back but the surfaces were so cold that the rain turned to ice. Be careful! All in All: --It was a great experience. I'm so glad we took a little mini-vacay from the kids and did something different. --The boat is wonderful. Cabins clean and fresh. I would highly recommend going. Enjoy!!!

Cruise to Nowhere--Breakaway

The boat:
The food:
--Incredible!!!
Entertainment:
-We went to the Cirque show on the first night. The 9:15pm show. Great show.
-All in all--I'm glad we paid the extra money to go to the show.
Highlight:
Return:
-Back in port by 6am.
--Bring a rolling suitcase if you can.
All in All:
--The boat is wonderful. Cabins clean and fresh.
I would highly recommend going. Enjoy!!!
wenbergin’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Breakaway price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BA 11158
Stateroom:--We had a balcony room. Absolutely lovely. SO MUCH STORAGE SPACE!! Those Norwegians know how to create space. There are actually draws under the couch if you need the space. The mini fridge is in a cabinet but was locked for us for some reason. We didn't inquire. Don't know if that's normal or not. But it was nice to have one if needed.-The room is quite spacious. Nice bed. Fun to have a balcony. Although cold, I stood out on the balcony and watched the sun rise. It was so beautiful. Quite a different perspective.-The bathroom was lovely. Again, TONS of storage space. Only negative was the water pressure from the shower. Oh well....at least it was hot when I wanted it to be.-The rooms were fairly quiet. Seemed like you could hear more of what was going on above than in the rooms next door. I brought a fan with me to create a little white noise. I would probably bring earplugs next time too.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins