3. Carnival Victory
I'll be fairly brief and to the point. This was cruise #21 for me and I have been a platinum member with Carnival for quite some time. I do enjoy the perks. Embarkation was a breeze, head to the front of the line, get escorted to the VIP section, go through security and head to the captains lounge and get your sail & sign card and then board immediately. Bypasses the rush and long lines. So if you can become a platinum member, do it. If you can book a suite, do it. This was one of my favorite cruises. I'm going to let you in on a little secret about cruising... Your cruise is whatever you decide to make it. If you want it to be good and fun, it will be. If you want to find things to complain about and be miserable, you will be. The Victory is an older ship who has not received her 2.0 upgrades yet, but still a very nice ship. It is laid out similarly to some of their other ships, more closely to the former Destiny. I had a GREAT time on board and some great friendships were created as a result of this trip. The food was ok. They could stand to bring it up a couple of notches but other then that, I always found something I would enjoy eating. The wait staff in the dining room were great. W was our main server and he's a great guy. I enjoyed joking around with him every evening! Very professional and a great mentor to some of the other servers on board. My cabin steward Michael was awesome! I swear he lived right under my bed and anytime I left the room, things were magically cleaned and restored as if I had never used them. He was also great to converse with and I definitely enjoyed our chats out in the halls. The entertainment was great, lots of things to do. I personally enjoy Karaoke very very very much and my friend Isaac is a great host. Be sure to tell him that Nate said hello when you see him and then be sure to put your name in for a song. Marcello Marshmallow was a great cruise director and liked to joke around constantly. I enjoyed his activities very much. At times the ship may feel a bit crowded but please keep in mind this is simply because of the older layouts and not an over abundance of public areas as you will find on some newer ships. All in all, if lines bother you, go to the buffets at odd times, do your activities at odd times. Sometimes with the shows, especially the comedy shows, lines are to be expected. Get there early and leave there late. You'll enjoy it. I really don't have anything bad to say and being an avid cruiser, I definitely enjoy them very much and find a way to make each one unique. Thank you to all the staff on board the Carnival Victory for making our time a special one.

Jan 10 - 15th -- A cruise with Family, Friends & Biz partners

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Travelyorkie

Travelyorkie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Victory price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8A 6258
The room was clean & comfortable and plenty of storage space. Because it is an older ship, don't expect a flat screen or an in-room minibar, but you will have plenty of places to stick your things. (That's most important to me).
Upper Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins