• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Oosterdam Review

Editor Rating
36 Awards

Worst holiday of my life

Review for Oosterdam to the Southern Caribbean
philjmw
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jan 2015
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

From the moment we stepped on board it was obvious that this was not going to be fantastic. No lanyards available until i did a sit in at the shop and then they were for Alaska 2014 and Alaska 2013. It took 80 minutes and 3 calls to get coat hangers for my stateroom. My room card failed twice and my drinks card 4 times. each time i was expected to tramp down to the main deck and have it fixed even though i have a walking disability. Service was lack lustre and room service took up to 90 minutes. The captain was non existent and I only briefly saw him at a mariners lunch where he told us to reverse mortgage our houses and do more cruises. Then he didn't even stay to eat with us.

On level 2 you could smell sewerage and the crew were not able or prepared to control or supply entertainment for over 350 under 18s.

I was told HAL were a 5 star line. i have traveled with Princess and P&O and frankly they both were 100 times better. Frayed carpets and broken windows. Life boats with railing falling off.

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom

Cabin VC

Nice enough room, but stewards were very lazy and did the bare minimum

Find an Oosterdam Cruise from $749