Crown Princess Cruise Review
2,116 Reviews

Come Back New? No. Disappointed? Yes.

Crown Princess Cruise Review by LB Cruiser

• Sail Date: Jan 2015
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Oceanview

My cruise experience aboard the Crown Princess was not relaxing at all and I am disappointed with Princess Cruises. I have been on many cruises and I have to say that this was the worst cruise I have ever taken. It has shaken my faith in Princess. It was not one thing thing that went wrong but many.

First, our departure was delayed due to virus cleaning and we could not even board the ship until 6:30 p.m. The boarding process was disorganized and took aver an hour. The check in staff were not very friendly and we were told that our rooms were still not ready at the time of boarding. Once on board dinner was very rushed in the dining room due to the fact that the muster drill took place at 9:30 p.m. When we did go to our room after the drill we found trash on the floor and in the closet from the prior guest! There were also many stains on the carpet and the room did not look or feel very clean. We were very upset to find out that due to the delayed departure the show for the first night was canceled.

I wish I could say that the cruise got better the next day but it did not. The ship seemed very crowded and there were lines everywhere. We waited over an hour to go to afternoon tea, thirty minutes for pizza on deck and we even had to wait at the Crown Grill with reservations for dinner. The host at the Crown Grill was very rude to me as well. We arrived at the Grill about three minutes before our reservation and were told we would have to come back in three minutes!

The next day we had a problem with the toilet in our cabin. It was making a loud banging noise and would not flush at all. I called guest services to report the issue and have it fixed. I phoned guest services three different times in the next few hours and no one ever answered the phone! With no working toilet and no answer or help from guest service I walked to the desk to report the issue. After waiting in line for thirty minutes I was able to ask to get the toilet fixed. When we arrived back in the cabin after dinner the toilet was working again but there was dirty toilet water left on the bathroom floor! The crew on the Crown Princess don't seem to care about guest service at all and that is truly disappointing.

The disembarkation process on this cruise was very, very slow. We waited in a long line to get off the ship and then in another long line in the terminal. The entire process took about two hours. This was yet another disappointing part of our Crown Princess cruise.

I have loved cruising with Princess in the past but after this cruise I am not sure when I will cruise again with Princess. I did not feel as if I was a valued Princess guest on this cruise and that was the most disappointing part of my whole experience.

LB Cruiser's Full Rating Summary