• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Oosterdam Review

Editor Rating
36 Awards

Save your money and choose another cruise line.

Review for Oosterdam to the South Pacific
Kayelledee
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jan 2015
Cabin: Large Ocean-View Stateroom

Stateroom and staff.

During our cruise, our toilet broke (would not flush) three times for an extended period, requiring us to us the public facilities until fixed. On the third time, the maintenance man said it was fixed but we had to call him back as the toilet began leaking all over the bathroom floor. Once he fixed the leak, we had to ask that house keeping come to disinfect the floor from where the leak had been, before we were able to use the bathroom. There also seemed to be a constant sewerage odour, I presume from the toilet issues.

I was also dissatisfied with the TV as it was very crackly, poor quality sound and picture.

Large Ocean-View Stateroom

Cabin DD

Stateroom was adequate however I was disappointed in the fact that I had originally paid for an inside stateroom, was offered a partial obstructed view upgrade for $99 which we took and were allocated a perfectly lovely room on deck 4, only to be "upgraded" to a poorly located stateroom on deck 1 which was under constant bombardment from noise below in the hold when luggage was moved or when tenders were lowered etc.

Find an Oosterdam Cruise from $749