3. MSC Orchestra
I travelled with my family of four adults and to say the cruise was a disappointment is an understatement. We've been on other cruise lines before which are far more superior in every way. To start with the staff: getting on to the cruise, no one showed us where we should be going, when I asked for help I was merely shunned into the lift with no directions. Once getting to the room we realised the cards had been assigned to the wrong rooms, we went to reception for help but the woman was unbelievably rude to us all. We found the staff (mainly bar staff and reception) the WHOLE weekend to be rude and not helpful in anyway. Although I must give credit to the cabin staff who were always pleasant and kept the cabins remarkably clean. The Food: we were pleased with the pizza on the first day but unless you're willing to eat pizza (which somehow managed to vary in taste, with little toppings) every day then you're going to be disappointed and I don't agree with them using plastic plates. The buffet was always rammed with people pushing and shoving, running to find tables, no one knew how to que. All the food, especially the meat, was very poor quality and bland especially in the restaurants. We had the later sitting at 9pm, even though we ordered two courses we were leaving the restaurant at 11:30pm still hungry. The food was absolutely terrible! worse than school dinners. One night we waited an hour for four bowls of soup whilst the tables around us had all had 4 courses, this seemed to be the norm every night we went so we didn't bother going the last 3 nights. We didn't have one good meal and ended up living on bread and fruit. Drinks Package: very reasonably priced, however every cocktail changed as there was a lack of care when making the drinks and incredibly sweet by putting far too much syrup in every drink, I honestly don't know how they managed to make me a mojito 6 times and it tasted different every time! I had a few cocktails where they didn't even put alcohol in! Entertainment is very poor. One OK show out of 6 with nothing to do during the day time on the days the cruise is at sea. However, the saxophone and singer in the wine bar were the best entertainment by far yet were shoved in a corner whilst crap Blackpool karaoke type singers had the main stage. Make sure whatever you do you don't ever book a trip on board as the prices are triple what they are off! It just didn't make sense. We booked a trip online for around £40 per adult where as on the boat the exact same trip was around £100. The passengers on the cruise especially ruined the holiday for us all (mostly the italians). We all were in disbelief how little manners they all have! Letting their kids run riot, pushing and shoving, never even heard of the words "please" or "thank you". Whilst waiting for lifts they'd barge in and not move to let anyone else in or out. They seem to shout every single word they say. It was utterly disgraceful. We even saw a woman push 6 plates full of food onto the floor just so she could sit down!!! This has put me off cruise lines for life, there is absolutely no way I would ever go with MSC or recommend MSC to ANYONE

Bitterly Disappointed