Carnival Glory Cruise Review

Carnival Glory Cruise Review by viking69

• Sail Date: Dec 2014
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

We traveled with our adult daughter and teenage grand-daughter. We had next door balcony staterooms on the Lido deck.. Drove from the Atlanta GA area and overnighted at the Hampton Inn West in Port St. Lucie. Arrived at the Port of Miami on Saturday around 10:30am. We booked FFTF Fastest to the Fun for each stateroom. FFTF provided priority check-in and boarding (right after the Diamond and Platinum groups) and we were on board before 11:00am. FFTF, also, provided priority stateroom access and our staterooms were clean and ready when we boarded. We dropped our carry ons and went to the check out the food.

We always check out all of the buffet lines (they usually offer some different items) and new restaurants/grills. Glory was refurbished in 2012 and we really like the changes - especially GUY's and the Burrito grill. The Steakhouse was our dinner choice. The food was excellent! Service had some minor issues - my medium rare steak was served to my wife and her medium steak was served to me. We just traded steaks and ate our merry way through dinner!

Breakfast and lunch provide good variety. Choose wisely!! Have dessert first!

Dinner - there seems to be fewer menu items (maybe it's my memory) than last time we cruised Carnival. Food was good and cooked as requested. Service was timely with some minor issues - orders presented to the right table, wrong person. We never had to wait for water re-fills or bread. By the way eat more that one appetizer and/or entrée. Or, it you don't like what you ordered get something else!

We had to make appointments to visit with our grand-daughter. She joined Club O2 and made several new friends.

The adults went to several of the productions, adult comedy shows, etc. Some were really fun and some were okay.

We visited St. Maarten (Dutch side only), San Juan, and Grand Turk. Enjoyed each port and their unique cultures.

FUN ALL OVER THE SHIP ON DECEMBER 31ST!!!

viking69's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin 8E 9279

Good location and better than I expected. I thought the noise from the Lido deck activities and elevators would be an issue. But, they were not. However, I think my preferred stateroom deck is 7.

viking69