3. Norwegian Spirit
Wow - where to begin. I was so excited for this cruise, it was such a great itinerary too. The embarkation was great, the people so nice and friendly. Beware getting to the dock can be a challenge unless in a taxi - we rode over on the people mover from Piazzle Roma since our hotel was right there and its quite a walk with all you luggage from the station. Venice was amazing, especially in Oct. Let me get the bad out first - THE FOOD WAS COLD - almost all of the time, no matter where we ate - the food was either cold or close to it. The food was not colorful or exciting ion any way. The buffet was the same. They pared really bad choices together. I ate mostly english muffins with peanut butter and jelly on them for breakfast. I tried the various egg dishes - but mostly they were cold. Even toast they make ahead of time so it was either hard or cold. They tried so hard to give you so many choices that nothing went together. Many items in the buffet were varying shades of green or brown and not tasty. The veggies were mushy all of the time and the salad bar items were strange. I can always find a salad, but even some of the dressing were in Kraft bottles which was nasty. The dining rooms would let our desserts sit on tables next to us while we ate dinner - so they were either cold of melted. The best thing i had was the soups and appetizers. They had started a new menu and it had no theme too it ever. The main menu had 2 lasagnas on it every nite. the dining experience was just strange. One nite i just asked them to bring me anything as long as it was hot - so they brought me old corn on the cob - you know the kind that is almost orange and the kernels were separating. The worst part was the staff had no idea it was bad - they kept asking what was wrong with it, we had to explain. I am not a picky eater and have loved every cruise. I am not a food hog either - but i lost 4 lbs on this cruise. my biggest decision on a cruise is which restaurant to eat at, because they are all fabulous, this cruise i skipped so many meals that i ran into town each port looking for yummy food. I am so sad about this as i have another NCL cruise booked and really don't want to go, hoping the Jewel will be better. One another subject was my room. No huge show stopping complaints, you can read below. Mainly the smell of mold was so bad that i used the public ones when i could. The entertainment was just ok, too many things all at the same time and not enough variety, our favorite was the crew show - which had a cross dressing lip singer - that was hilarious. The great was the service of the staff - they were so upbeat and friendly and i really enjoyed my time with them. I danced with the crew while we were in Naples - we had a dockside dance party and it was so fun. I only booked 2 excursions with the ship and they were ok, the only complaint was Istanbul - Carpet demonstrations are horrible and not everyone can afford a 4,000 dollar carpet - so wasted a hour of our time and no shopping time was left. My other tours i booked on Viator and they were great, we loved the Almalfi coast tour through them - Theresa is the best tour guide ever, really a must see. We really enjoyed Kusadasi and Mykonos...ooh the food was amazing there. My favorite was Barcelona, we spent 3 days after we docked and that made up for all the bad food and entertainment. If you can stay, use short stay apartments - clean and nice, we loved it. All in all the trip was good but the ship was old and raggity in my opinion, it needs a mold lift while having a face lift and would have been fine if the food would have been good. We paid full price and still cannot think of how bad the food was. Its really hard to believe, even now. I hope this helps others, the itinerary is great except Toulon, the people were rude and we ended up back at the ship quickly - decided to save our money to spend in Barcelona. We had a great day in Florence - rode the bus into town and explored on our own - was so fun!! Have a great trip, wherever you are going!!

The Great, The Bad & The Ugly!!

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by tammycu

The embarkation was great, the people so nice and friendly.
Have a great trip, wherever you are going!!

tammycu’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Spirit price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 9058
This room was just ok - needed some love - the toilet only flushed on time maybe 40% of the time - sometimes it was like 30 minutes later before it decided it was ready to flush. The closet has some sharp screws sticking out in the handle. There were pins sticking out of the bed that you scrapped your leg on. The worst thing was the bathroom smelled like mold - 100 % of the time - i had to hold my breath when i went in. Water came out brown alot too. Water pressure was great though.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins