Carnival Breeze Cruise Review

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by mom2tcdx2

• Sail Date: Dec 2014
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior

Sailed on the Breeze with my 16 year old daughter for Christmas. We received an excellent deal on this cruise and booked rather last minute.

We drove down the day before and drove most of the way, finishing up the last 4 hours the day of the cruise. We parked at Safe Cruise parking, had no problem finding, quick trip to the port once our car was parked. Overall embarkation was pretty easy, we arrived about noon, and I think we were onboard the ship by 12:45. Only issue was they didn't ask for the card I was using for onboard services so I had to have that updated at guest services once we were onboard.

We had in inside cabin on deck 2. Room steward was excellent, always had a hello and called us both by name. Anything needed was quickly supplied.

We had set dining, daughter wanted a table for two and that was arranged after our first night. Dinner staff however was very slow, not sure if they had too many tables or not. Most nights we would see people already getting their deserts, while we hadn't yet received our entrees. Though staff was very friendly, they seemed just a bit overwhelmed. Overall food was good, I however have never been overly impressed with Carnival's dinner or desert menu. I tend to find something I will eat, however a few items I have liked in the past were now missing. I found dinners to actually be our least favorite meals. We had breakfast in both the buffet and dining room. Normal breakfast fare, but everything we had was fine.

Now for lunch my daughter and myself at the taco's or guy's burgers practically every day. Occasionally had the pizza, she also ordered room service twice for a little snack. I would love to see longer hours at the taco and burrito place. They really should be an option open through the evening, I would think to at least 11 pm. Seating in the buffet we found to be a bit more crowded, but usually found something. Though the higher booth type tables don't work well for everyone, so not sure if those are the best choice for seating.

We did excursions in both the Dominican Republic and Curacao. Grand Turk we hung out at the beach and in Aruba we did a little shopping and had lunch.

We only went to one of the shows in the evening and did go to three of the family comedy shows. We tried trivia during the day, but were never able to find a seat. After three tries we gave up. Overall didn't really do a lot of activities, my daughter hung out in the cabin quite a bit during the day.

We did purchase the lowest social media package for $25, it allowed for Facebook and Snap chat which allowed my daughter to keep in contact with friends during the trip.

Disembarkation was easy, only issue was they seemed to skip over our number or the way it was announced was just a little odd. We got off, found luggage immediately, quick through customs and then waited for pickup. Safe Parking did pickup, we waited about 15 minutes before shuttle arrived, quick trip back to the car and we were on the road again.

I would absolutely sail this ship again, it is beautiful. Though I would love to have a balcony, for the price the inside was perfect.

mom2tcdx2's Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin 4B 2426

Cabin was fine, no noise from above or neighbors. Right near elevators, easy access to other areas of the ship.

mom2tcdx2