• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Dec 2014
Cabin:
Traveled with children

This was our sixth Star Clipper cruise but the first that included our grown kids, their spouses and our grandchildren. Every minute of every day was wonderful. The kids had a great time. The crew went to great lengths to make sure the grandchildren had fun, even though there were no official activities for children. On how many cruise ship would the captain (Sergie) know all their names and let the steer his ship?

On past cruises, we've enjoyed dining with other passengers from all over the world--Europe, South Africa, Australia--but on this cruise there were too many of us. We had our own table and waiter, Rio. The latter was as kind and attentive as anyone I've ever met. My daughter in law has a peanut allergy and my son in law can't eat certain spices. Rio always took care of them. The kids loved him. We all did.

The rest of the crew was equally as attentive. My eight-year-old granddaughter had the run of the ship; she reminded us of Eloise at the Plaza.

Cabin Clipper deck

Cabins were nicely finished with lots of mahogany and brass. Ours had two portholes. Bathrooms are marble.

3 Helpful Votes